• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Link's power bow special different between 3DS and Wii U

haleytheguy

Smash Rookie
Hey there, my friend and I were playing a match with customs on the wii u when he noticed something strange. He swears that the power bow special charged faster on the 3DS version, out of curiosity I pulled it out and compared the two. Not only does the power bow charge nearly twice as fast, it also does more damage on the 3DS. Both games are updated to the most recent version so shouldn't they be identical? Unless I'm terribly mistaken I thought there two games were to be identical, so what gives?

FSK

Smash Ace
Why the **** did you not post this in the Q&A thread?!

I suggest posting it there immediatly and editing your original post here to beg for mercy.

Get at him.

I would call this a half derp. It didn't deserve its own thread, but atleast he provided some information that probably not all of us knew (Which includes me at the very least).

lol his account is 6 months old and this is his first post. Goddamnit I suggest we let him off the hook with a warning.

Thanks for the info but next time, ask in the Q&A instead of making a new thread. Or else you will be flamed beyond recognition.

Last edited:

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
As FSK said, we don't really like new threads that much here. If you have lurked these boards at all you should've seen that by now. Do read our stickies, specially our rules and our index thread. You'll find there that we have a Q&A and a a thread for customs which could have housed this.

However, I agree with FSK that this info is important and thus woukd/could warrant a thread of its own. So, I'll let it pass, but alas, I cannot speak for my brothers. Suit up and good luck.

Now, about the OP topic. I remember having read that apparently the last 3ds patch made the basic game match the Wii U version. That is, character speeds and neutral properties, but that Nintendo hadn't paid attention to the customs and so there are still some differences. This is, of course, annoying but considering that customs are still not tourney legal most people haven't noticed it (I haven't for example). Considering that Sakurai has said that they won't patch for balance anymore this could be fixed just as well as it could just stay like this for good. Right now, it's a who knows.

That being said. Stop Lurking, read the stickies, follow the rules, stop by social, just to maintain the tradition:

Welcome to the Link Boards, scrub.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Hmm, I think that a lot of confusion and knee-jerk reactions could have easily been avoided with a better title. (Survival tip 6)
The fact that it was put in the form of a question ("Link's power bow special different between 3DS and Wii-U?") immediately begs the question, "Why wasn't this asked in the Q/A thread?"; but then your post actually contains the answer to your own question in the affirmative. There is still a chance that a quick title change could save this thread.

haleytheguy

Smash Rookie
Sorry for the new thread, I should have read the stickies more closely. Thank you for the answers.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Sorry for the new thread, I should have read the stickies more closely. Thank you for the answers.
The title is much better now and it actually contributes something to the boards out of us didn't know.

Good job. I hope you keep. Coming. Remember to check the stickies (specially the rules, you got lucky this time around can't promise that'll happen again) and drop by social.

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431
You're actually the second person to come in here with this information. The last guy, however, derped real hard and posted in the thread for the differences between brawl and Wii U. So at least you got a one up on that guy and can read.

MrGame&Rock

Smash Ace
NNID
SpenstarHD
I wonder why it was nerfed so heavily in the wii u version. On the 3DS it was one if my favorite moves for Link and made him that much better, but alas

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326
The Power Bow was meant to be just that; a slower and more powerful version of the real deal (hint, hint, Doctor Mario), and in the Wii U version, it's so slow now, that it's nearly negligible (Doctor Mario again), however, I feel that the range could help with that in the long run, as well as some good accuracy.

MrGame&Rock

Smash Ace
NNID
SpenstarHD
The Power Bow was meant to be just that; a slower and more powerful version of the real deal (hint, hint, Doctor Mario), and in the Wii U version, it's so slow now, that it's nearly negligible (Doctor Mario again), however, I feel that the range could help with that in the long run, as well as some good accuracy.
it still has its uses and I love using it still, but in the 3DS version the downside was that it was a commitment. You ha to charge it all the way or else your bow was ****e, and that was a real trade-off

Top Bottom