• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Link's Mobility Options

NaijaboyIrin

Smash Apprentice
Link is generally classified as a slow, zoning based character. However, his projectiles require time and plenty of space to use well. Link players have to consider their movement options if they don't want to get left in the dust.

This thread was made so that we can discuss Link's mobility options on certain stages and vs. certain characters.

Here are some preliminary questions I came up with, in case anyone is interested in weighing in:
-Which mobility options do you use most when playing as Link, and how do you use them to fit your playstyle?
-How well does the running + dash speed buff help Link in your opinion? Is it effective in helping him escape pressure, or would he benefit from speed buffs in other areas instead?

Sarix

Smash Ace
The latest speed buff doesn't help Link escape pressure very well imo, but it does allow him to control neutral much better than before. I already gave my opinion on where a little more speed would benefit Link elsewhere in two threads.

Overall I rely on AGT often because it's basically an air dash that lets Link space, zone, approach, recover, etc. If I'm still in the air after using it I know I can use air normals to try to stuff approaches since Nair, Bair, and Uair all come out much faster than his ground normals. Despite his short wavedash, it's still useful for quick positioning in multiple situations. Both of these I use more than his dash since they give me the immediate repositioning I prefer to have while zoning and setting traps.

monkeyx4

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3936 9382 6790
Lmbo link is far from slow ya just gotta speed up ya hands

Sarix

Smash Ace
Link has the 4th slowest dash speed in the game, only a bit faster than Peach. Only Zelda and Jigglypuff are slower. He is most definitely slow in comparison to the rest of the cast.

Player -0

Smash Hero
In my opinion you can use Link's Zair as a quick movement better than his wavedash (I think it goes farther). You just airdodge directly in the direction you want (Right or left or somethin') and Zair.

Just abuse Link's Airdodge Zair as much as possible, you can do things to cover your self while running such as run away -> FH -> Boomerang towards opponent -> Airdodge away or away + up -> Zair. You could also replace the airdodge part with just an arrow.

Top Bottom