• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Link's Final Smash Should've Been ...

Dark Dude

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DudeSean
I think Link's Final Smash should have been the fierce diety Link, where he'd have the big sword and all. Link's already an adult in Brawl, though, so I don't know how much bigger he would get, but I think the Fierce Diety Link would have been cooler than the Triforce Slash.

Krell

Smash Journeyman
I totally agree. Triforce Slash is so dumb. There were a lot of things from Zelda games that Link could have done instead. Maybe this just means Fierce Deity Link is an AT or something, because it was really the most sensible choice. And yes, I know adult Link never used Fierce Deity, but to be fair, he never used Triforce Slash either.

Lunar6

Smash Journeyman
I totally agree. Triforce Slash is so dumb. There were a lot of things from Zelda games that Link could have done instead. Maybe this just means Fierce Deity Link is an AT or something, because it was really the most sensible choice. And yes, I know adult Link never used Fierce Deity, but to be fair, he never used Triforce Slash either.
Nor has Bowser ever transfromed into Giga Bowser, nor Yoshi ever growing wings to fly around. Honestly, not only was it the kid Link that used the Fierce Diety's Mask, but this is a different Link from the one that ever used the Fierce Diety. Besides, all that the Fierce Diety ever did in the game was launch disk beams from his sword there's not enough to do with the idea to not make people want to retcon the **** guy from the Zelda series.

Fierce Diety is just an overrated to me, and I can only see it as a wasted idea of a FS.

Dragnil

Smash Cadet
Another choice could have been wolf Link. Why did they have him based off of Twilight Princess Link and not even have the detail that made up a whole part of gameplay.:(
Fierce Deity is also a good choice but it wasn't part of his character in Twilight Princess. But still Fierce Deity would have been great.

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
Nor has Bowser ever transfromed into Giga Bowser, nor Yoshi ever growing wings to fly around. Honestly, not only was it the kid Link that used the Fierce Diety's Mask, but this is a different Link from the one that ever used the Fierce Diety. Besides, all that the Fierce Diety ever did in the game was launch disk beams from his sword there's not enough to do with the idea to not make people want to retcon the **** guy from the Zelda series.

Fierce Diety is just an overrated to me, and I can only see it as a wasted idea of a FS.
Yes he did! Play Super Mario World and come back here.

Aeramis

Smash Ace
Triforce slash is FTW!!! Only thing that could make it better is if you turned into Wolf Link after it.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Yeah Yoshi could never spit fire AND fly at the same time.

I think fierce diety would have been ok, but I'm fine with Triforce Slash too.

Rajun Cajun

Smash Rookie
In Super Mario World if yoshi got the multi-colored shell he could fly, stomp, and then shoot fire... of course he would lose his wings if he spat the fire balls, but this IS his ultimate attack and to be fare he got three fireballs back then.

Now to the topic. Fierce diety was always the thing that came first to my mind for Link. I think all of this "He couldn't do that in twilight" business is ridiculous because one of the great things about brawlis the way it spans all of gaming history. I would be satisfied if he weant fierce diety only for the purpose of the triforce slash, but I would weally like to be able to swing that DNA sword again...and maybe shoot a disc or two.

Hopefully they're saving the diety for young link... Or better yet... maybe young link will be the first FOUR TRANSFORMATION CHARACTER!!! (Young Link plus 3 masks)

Dark Dude

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DudeSean
Yeah, as for the fierce diety not being in twlight princess, sheik wasn't either but she's back.

Lunar6

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, as for the fierce diety not being in twlight princess, sheik wasn't either but she's back.
That's because it's been a staple move since Zelda was in Smash Bros. That, and Sheik's been a staple character since Melee. Fierce Diety had literally nothing to do with Smash Bros.

Trophyhunter

Smash Apprentice
Obviously somewhere where, you havn't been

Correction in super mario world yoshi grew wings after eating a blue shelled koopa.
But yeah Young link could be a none clone chracter if they base him of of Majoras mask i.e have three masks and the giant's mask and more masks.

Khopstix

Smash Rookie
Dinosaurs don't have wings, also, Yoshi looks extremely innocent no matter what you or anyone else say. He can't be a vicious monster or a dragon or anything of the sort.
I don't think they were going for vicious monster they just took something fun from old Mario games and put it in the new generation of games. Also plumbers don't shoot out fire balls either that is why it's a video game and not real life.

Aurashade

Smash Ace
THE HALL OF FAME WHERE THE COOL PEOPLE GO
I don't think they were going for vicious monster they just took something fun from old Mario games and put it in the new generation of games. Also plumbers don't shoot out fire balls either that is why it's a video game and not real life.
If it was real life everyone would have died. Stop trying to bring games into a VG discussion. It's not funny nor is it a plausible argument. Please stop.

Khopstix

Smash Rookie
If it was real life everyone would have died. Stop trying to bring games into a VG discussion. It's not funny nor is it a plausible argument. Please stop.
What are you talking about if you read what I said. Yoshi is a Nintendo character and if they want to make his final smash a skill he had from a different Nintendo game that is what is going to happen. And who are you to say what Yoshi can and can't do considering that you didn't even know that he did grow wings in Super Mario. On that note I'm done arguing with you about something you know nothing about. Lets just get back on the whole topic of the thread and troll yoshi on a different thread plz.

Leobenmc

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I argued this in the SMYN thread, when Samurai Panda said that he couldn't imagine a more representative Final Smash. I came up with 3..

Oh, just wanna put it out there - listened to the "State of the Brawl" segment, and was shocked when SamuraiPanda said that "I don't think there's anything else that's really representative of Link for a Final Smash".

URGH! So many options, in TP solely - Ball of Chain?
Huge Ball of Chain - same as a Golden Hammer, with less knockback, but covers the whole screen with each swing.
Dominion Rod? 3 Giant Statues fall from the Sky at set points in the stage, whatever Link does, the statues copy? 4 Up + Bs (3 covering the whole stage) - taking many opponents out
The Spinner? Link uses his Clawshot to attach to an enemy on his level, and then switches on his Spinner and just drags the Spinner into the opponent's Torso for MASSIVE DAMAGE!
Even Midna and Wolf Link? Link transforms into a wolf, and activates his Damage Circle (Holding B in Twilight Princess) with a 3 second countdown timer on it? Get as many enemies in the Circle as you can when the time reaches 0 for good damage and knockback for all immersed!
Looking back, I prefer the Spinner idea...it's similar to the Triforce Slash's execution (has to be on the same level for the Clawshot to stick in) but does more damage, and less knockback (when Link extends the Spinner's blades as he presses B)

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
Another choice could have been wolf Link. Why did they have him based off of Twilight Princess Link and not even have the detail that made up a whole part of gameplay.:(QUOTE]

Terrible idea. Why would we want another transformation? Wolf Link would be useless in my opinion, and I hated playing the **** thing in Twilight Princess.
Triforce Slash is fine for me, to be honest. Quit complaining.

Tigro

Smash Rookie
The Triforce Slash captures a rendition of the entire Zelda series in one attack, whereas "Fierce Deity Link" or "Wolf Link" only captures one specific Zelda title (Majora's Mask and Twilight Princess respectively).

I think Sakurai made a good choice.

-spAzn-

Smash Journeyman
Fierce Deity Link would be pretty cool and all but I think the Triforce Slash is perfect. I mean come on look how visually impressive it is. I love it and think it's awesome suits him just fine.

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
I think the Triforce Slash is brought from the ending of OoT where Link just hacks away at Ganon before Zelda seals him in the Sacred Realm. I could be wrong though, but that is what seems the most similar to his FS.

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
I don't really care, I was just trying to bring up a point that the Triforce Slash did have somewhat of a begining. But I do agree, this thread is pretty pointless.

Dark Dude

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DudeSean
@ Aurashade - Why do you keep coming to this thread to put people down for expressing their opinions and saying they shouldn't care so much? I think you care too much about what other people think. I get it, you don't like anyone's ideas but your own. Can we just have a discussion?

I'm not upset that this final smash is the triforce slash, but it just seems to me that something more recognizable from a Zelda game should happen. Fierce diety Link was the closest thing to Link getting a power-up (ala Bower's Giga Bowser) from the series. Just because Link's model is based off Twilight Princess' Link shouldn't mean that he can't have moves from other games. I don't really like the idea of the Wolf Link / Midna, though. That doesn't really seem like a power up from Link. Wolf Link could be cool as a playable character, but using that logic there could be any number of characters based off an original character (Sledgehammer Mario?). Although it would be cool to have that many characters, I don't think it's realistic (as in, realistic that it could all be put into this game within the development time or size restrictions). I don't think the Triforce Slash is based off Link's fineshing move on Ganon in Ocarina of Time; I mean all Link did was swing his sword in Ganon's face. That could be the same as tapping A over and over again (or I guess holding the A button in Brawl). Quite honestly, I'd likely to be happy with anything that Sukari came up, and I doubt I'll be disappointed when I use the Final Smash in a match, but I still think it would've been nice to transform into Fierce Diety Link.

Aurashade

Smash Ace
@ Aurashade - Why do you keep coming to this thread to put people down for expressing their opinions and saying they shouldn't care so much? I think you care too much about what other people think. I get it, you don't like anyone's ideas but your own. Can we just have a discussion?
I'm moving on with the date, Melee is getting old, and no one visits those boards as much.

It's not the fact that I only like my opinions, sure, mine are usually better, but if its one thing I can't stand, it's stupid people whining over stupid things. Go to the Link board for SSBM, there are a few people who have good thoughts on things; what we have here is nothing more then a whole bunch of whiny brats complaining that their idea wasn't in the game. There's your discussion.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
Ahh thats a funny.
An opinion being better than someone else's.
Why would yours be any greater than anyone else's?

if someone is complaining let them complain, it is within their right to do so. Why should you take it upon yourself to complain about their complaints?

Ogre_Deity_Link

Smash Lord
....Aurashade?

Stop being an elitist prick!

You're worse than the people complaining that their ideas aren't in brawl! We're all titled to our opinions and yours sure as hell isn't better than anyone elses!!!! Get off your god****ed high horse!

Aurashade

Smash Ace
....Aurashade?

Stop being an elitist prick!

You're worse than the people complaining that their ideas aren't in brawl! We're all titled to our opinions and yours sure as hell isn't better than anyone elses!!!! Get off your god****ed high horse!
I'm glad you care enough to tell me, because you do. If you or anyone else didn't care about what I say, you'd just agree, because I'm right. But instead you have to make yourself look like an idiot, and start throwing insults right away, probably because that's the only thing you know how to do.

A S C E N D

Smash Rookie
eh... oni link would make more sense as ylink's FS, that is if he's in brawl (would be so awesome) but not as link's. what's wrong with Triforce slash? it's teh ownage...

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
Fierce Deity Link is extremely over-rated. I'd hate for it to be Link's Final Smash.

Triforce Slash is great. It's a universal move. It incorporates the triforce which every Link has a close connection to. It reflects Link. I don't see a problem with it.

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
I like the tri-force slash if FD was to be any form of FS it should be young link\'s FS but he\'s not in it.

Top Bottom