• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Link's Dark Link

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
What do you think Link's Dark Link color swap will look like?

fenyx4

Smash Journeyman
The same as in Brawl

That design is perfect. No need to change it.
This. Although I kind of really like Super Smash Bros. Melee's style of having just the black tunic and hat while retaining Link's other coloration, the "Dark Interloper" reference to The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess is just perfect (and it beats just having an "all dark silhouette", like in the "Link vs. Dark Link" Event Match). On a side note, I'm hoping that "Dark Toon Link" (made in the same style) is kept as well.

Morbi

Scavenger
I honestly just want a Link with a Black Tunic. I don't need anything crazy like the Brawl version, but I suppose they wouldn't go back to the simple design after using an intricate one.

thegreatpike

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3368-2943-8529
I would like the Brawl design, if he had a black Master Sword and a black Hylia Shield. Seriously, why is the shield so white!?

Morbi

Scavenger
After giving it some more thought, I feel as though I would prefer the silhouette version of Link that you fight in the Event Matches.

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
I'm thinking maybe they can turn it into an alt. costume by giving him some extra features. His eyes could have a trail effect and a deeper voice would be a nod to OoT's Dark Link. Like it's been said already, a dark Master sword would be common sense (black sword trails would be awesome). And maybe some of his attacks would have dark effects to them. Like the gale boomerang.

KoRLumen

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KoRLumen
3DS FC
3437-3066-8679
I'm thinking maybe they can turn it into an alt. costume by giving him some extra features. His eyes could have a trail effect and a deeper voice would be a nod to OoT's Dark Link. Like it's been said already, a dark Master sword would be common sense (black sword trails would be awesome). And maybe some of his attacks would have dark effects to them. Like the gale boomerang.
Oooh a trail effect on the eyes would be sooooooooo cool.

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
It sucks that his master sword is still blue though. That just doesn't make sense.
The shield might be the same color too... Notice the red bird insignia? Though I can't tell if the shield's black or it's still blue.

EDIT: I zoomed in on it, I think that's definitely black. But I still preferred Brawl's Dark Link shield.

Last edited:

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
The shield might be the same color too... Notice the red bird insignia? Though I can't tell if the shield's black or it's still blue.

EDIT: I zoomed in on it, I think that's definitely black. But I still preferred Brawl's Dark Link shield.
Same here, although the extra red in the crest is a nice touch, but I find it odd that the triforce is so bright. And it's too bad we couldn't see his eyes. I wanted to see if there were any changes. This screenshot could be from an earlier build, however. So who knows, really. Changes could be made. This looks like a lazy port from Brawl. I wouldn't be surprised if they left him like that, sadly.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
I like it, and Zelda's Dark Zelda thing looks a lot better too.

Link confirmed as one of mains. :awesome:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom