• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Link's D-Air?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Uh... not sure what indication there is to suggest that he'd have changed it back, but I kinda doubt it. I mean this buff isn't a buff in all situation so I don't see how it could be overpowered.

Link's D-Air could kill no matter what before, now as a meteor smash it won't be able to kill as reliably when over the stage.

Gaggy Rogers

Smash Rookie
Dair is still a meteor smash, although I find it better for on-stage combos and shield pressure than for edgeguarding. Bair and fair are both way safer off stage and are both perfectly capable of securing off-stage KOs.

Here's a fun fact about Link's dair: If you fast-fall it and hit a shield, you'll go through the shield and get punished, but if you don't fast-fall it, you'll bounce off, and possibly hit them with the end of the move or some other follow-up.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
It's cute when the d-air meteor smashes them into the ground and they bounce off the ground back into the d-air. It sucks though because we essentially lost yet another kill option from on stage.

Dr. Krumm

Smash Apprentice
There are both good things and bad things about this. We have lost a KO option while on stage, however we have also gained a new KO option (Links new dash attack), so it evens out. Now we have instead gained a very powerful gimp option (which Link has never really had in any game except for Melee). I have, for example, done weak N-air to D-air in a Link ditto while off-stage. This could be a follow up that could potentially be very powerful against mid weight and heavy weight characters.

Or just in general, if you can read a jump while you opponent is recovering you can KO as early has 30% with this move, since it's a really powerful Meteor Smash.

To sum up: We have lost D-air as a on stage KO option, however we have Dash Attack now, which is safer and more reliable. On top of that we have gained D-air as a new gimp tool. Sooooo.... WORTH IT!

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
So I'm assuming in order to get the meteor you have to be directly above the character before starting up the d-air? Seems legit to me. Link has always had a long lasting d-air with a pretty solid hit box. For that reason, I've never really used d-air unless I'm right over the guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom