• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Link's boomerang

Lunar6

Smash Journeyman
^Instead of double posting just to correct yourself, click the edit button on your messages

bobwaffles

Smash Apprentice
The Gale Boomerang is a nice touch to SSBB's Link. I hope it can be implemented into some combos. It could lead to potentially epic matches.

FishkeeperTimmay!

Smash Ace
As long as the Boomerang can disrupt the opponent, Link players will be able to use it like they always have. This new ability to pull opponents toward you just makes it that much more enticing to always have the boomerang loose. ^^

This also makes Link the best FFA character again (I always though Link was the best FFA character in Melee.)

DeathShadoe

Smash Rookie
I think you should use the tornado to pull people into your final smash. Apparantly the higher percentage the player is at the further they get pulled toward you, so it would be effective when your going for that final blow.
Yeah, but Link's FS can hit anyone who is in front of him on a horizontal surface, no matter how far away they are, so that would be pointless. Fun, but pointless.

vato_break

Smash Master
there's no point of doing a boomerange combo with the finale' smash because the person you activate it on is traped in the triforce and link just lundges at them and strikes with no mercy .HEHE im funny

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
I hope I can do this as an edgeguard:

throw the boomerang towards center stage, jump before the the boomerang is caught, and hit a returning player with the tornado, pulling them further from the edge.

A little complicated, but it would look pretty cool if it was effective.
Would work great, saying as Link has a tether recovery.

Ogre_Deity_Link

Smash Lord
I just realized something. If the boomerang pushes as well as pulls, this weapon is completely underestimated. Why? Simple

It can totally f**k with people's positioning. Seriously.

I've already come up with awesome combos. Also, I wonder if the pushing/pulling is increased if it is used on an opponent who is up in the air? Or has been "popped" up due to either being hit by the boomerang itself or being hit by another attack?

NeoZ

Smash Ace
What are you talking about?! The boomerang has been nerfed and it's useless on the way back; and according to people who played the demo, it's like the wind on Kirby stages.
I really hope they fix it before the release.

Ogre_Deity_Link

Smash Lord
Hoho! From the movies in Brawl, I have deduced that the boomerang's pulling/pushing properties are still useful for it seems to remove the opponents traction and slides them, UNLIKE Kirby stages wind!

However, if they increase the power, I will not complain in the least bit.

NeoZ

Smash Ace
They should make the tornado pull you, and make the boomerang hit you even on it's way back.

Ogre_Deity_Link

Smash Lord
I'm just happy at its position f**king potential. This could screw anyone up in the right situation. Also, I still would like to know the effects of a boomerang's pushing/pulling in the air. Could you possibly spike someone with it?

Flaminglink

Smash Journeyman
omg link is gonna be soooo cool (cooler than melee) but looks like imma have to practice alot because alot of ppl gonna main link :)

Top Bottom