• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Link's Bomb Recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.

skwelloton

Smash Rookie
Does anyone know how to do this effectively? I've seen Isai do it in a couple of videos and I've seen someone else do it somewhere before as well. However, I don't know if you are supposed to throw it forward and use the FAIR or UpB or what. Explaination or video would be nice. Thanks.

_kSo_

Smash Master
it's not done the same way as in melee, but the way i know how to do it is by holding onto a bome for so long that it explodes while your holding it. hopefully it'll explode after you do your upb so that you can do another upb

Nephiros

Smash Ace
Throw it downward weakly, fast fall dair. Not very useful, and you may have to DI the explosion in the correct direction. This kind of bomb recovery actually helped me make it back when it wouldn't have been possible otherwise ONCE. So it's very useless, but sexy anyways.

skwelloton

Smash Rookie
Oh....so it's a downthrow, DI towards and normal BAIR...thanks Isai...I've seen you do it a few times in your vids but you're always off screen....thanks for the reply guys.

AlexBarry

Smash Journeyman
Oh....so it's a downthrow, DI towards and normal BAIR...thanks Isai...I've seen you do it a few times in your vids but you're always off screen....thanks for the reply guys.
DI doesn't apply to maneuvering while in the air. Just kick the **** bomb.

skwelloton

Smash Rookie
So then I shouldn't hold toward the stage when I'm recovering to DI back to the platform?....I guess I'm an idiot....I meant to write "hold toward the stage" but DI seemed shorter

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Heh, holding toward the stage doesn't do squat in SSB, you have to smash/slide DI your way over.

skwelloton

Smash Rookie
Well I know WENBOBULAR, but I was just being a smartass because Alexbarry didn't know what he was talking about.

_kSo_

Smash Master
DI doesn't apply to maneuvering while in the air. Just kick the **** bomb.
DI stands for "Directional Influence." Maneuvering in the air influences your direction. So, you're wrong. Don't yell at people about stuff you obviously don't have any idea about.

AlexBarry

Smash Journeyman
DI stands for "Directional Influence." Maneuvering in the air influences your direction. So, you're wrong. Don't yell at people about stuff you obviously don't have any idea about.

How did I know someone was gonna make a cry post about this too?
Directional Influence (as YOU know) refers to the direction you input after you are hit.

So technically yes, moving in the air dictates your direction, but what the **** does that have to do with DI?

Please go eat some tin foil.

P.S. Just kick the **** bomb.

_kSo_

Smash Master
How did I know someone was gonna make a cry post about this too?
Directional Influence (as YOU know) refers to the direction you input after you are hit.

So technically yes, moving in the air dictates your direction, but what the **** does that have to do with DI?

Please go eat some tin foil.

a cry post? please. I'm just standing up for all the people you try to stomp down with your sorry excuses for arguments.

CunningKitsune

Smash Ace
If one wishes to get technical about semantics, DI can be applied to aerial maneuvering. The logic that follows is rather simple, really. DI stands for "directional influence," which is just what it says, that is, influencing your direction. Under most circumstances, however, Smashers generally only talk about DI when dealing with getting hit by an attack. In this instance, DI is used to alter your normal path from the hit received. Likewise, this same line of thought can be applied to maneuvering while in the air. If falling straight down is the "normal path" while falling, then moving left or right while in the air alters this normal path; the similarity to DI'ing while actually receiving a hit is quite clear.

Again, this is just being technical and exacting. :)

Also, DI'ing is for all intents and purposes the act of dictating (to some extent) the path taken by your character. Therefore, maneuvering while in the air likewise dictates your aerial path and thus is an example of DI, albeit an example outside of the norm of DI'ing during a hit.

Rupus

BRoomer
BRoomer
Lmao @ CunningKitsune only coming in here to explain DI =]

KSO and Alex, if you don't stop bickering I'll have to start handing out infractions. You can discuss it, but not insult each other.

Also, what kind of insult is "Go eat some tin foil"?

AlexBarry

Smash Journeyman
Lmao @ CunningKitsune only coming in here to explain DI =]

KSO and Alex, if you don't stop bickering I'll have to start handing out infractions. You can discuss it, but not insult each other.

Also, what kind of insult is "Go eat some tin foil"?
You should try it.

If you guys want to get ridiculous then simply dashing is DI.

Anyways, what kind of forum is this? I've only made like 3 posts and all the /wristers whine about how mean I am. Do you guys play with tissue beside your comp?

SmashThugZ

Smash Journeyman
It's because your comments are only made to belittle other users
I wouldn't start anything if I was a player who whines after losing a match. /hint
And besides, you sure don't know what you're talking about. You have to B-air the bomb while DI'ing towards the stage, or else the whole process is pretty meaningless.

AlexBarry

Smash Journeyman
What a sensitive bunch we have here.

Kick the **** bomb = belittling? DIAF

And when have I ever whined after losing? I get beat a lot, never whine. From my understanding you don't even play anymore so you really can't speak on this topic.

Never have I adressed you on this forum, don't talk **** to me.

The comments I make aren't intended to BELITTLE or OFFEND. If you are offended by any of my comments, please kill yourself.

Rupus

BRoomer
BRoomer
Alex, I gave you an infraction for telling people to kill themselves, I'd advise you to stop carrying on with this argument. And I'd also advise against other people baiting him into carrying on.

SmashThugZ

Smash Journeyman
No, I don't play online much anymore
But my brother doessss! and I usually sit there to watch him when I have nothing to do
and, as I can recall, some guy named "ALEXBARRY" was calling him a noob and cheap because my brother used the chain grab in Hyrule's green tower position
And, I said your comment was belittling because of the " **** "
Why did you feel the urge to add that?
"Just kick the bomb" would've been fine.

And I didn't know only active players were allowed to post.

AlexBarry

Smash Journeyman
No, I don't play online much anymore
But my brother doessss! and I usually sit there to watch him when I have nothing to do
and, as I can recall, some guy named "ALEXBARRY" was calling him a noob and cheap because my brother used the chain grab in Hyrule's green tower position
And, I said your comment was belittling because of the " **** "
Why did you feel the urge to add that?
"Just kick the bomb" would've been fine.

And I didn't know only active players were allowed to post.

What fairytale land do you live in where people don't curse?

Is it too late for me to move there?

Fisher wasn't even chaingrabbing, if I remember correctly he just uses DK and spams. I probably still beat him.

And for the record I don't give a **** if you approve of my posts or not hahaha.

_kSo_

Smash Master
We curse, but we also have self-control and morals. You, on the other hand, seem to lack significantly in such characteristics.

SmashThugZ

Smash Journeyman
yea, he was using DK and spamming grabs
But no, you didnt beat him.
And, he was just having fun with you. he's not even a DK user.

And when have I ever whined after losing? I get beat a lot, never whine. From my understanding you don't even play anymore so you really can't speak on this topic.
I guess that quote up top is false then since you did in fact complained and called my brother a "noob" for his mass grabbings.

We curse, but we also have self-control and morals. You, on the other hand, seem to lack significantly in such characteristics.
Quoted for truth.

AlexBarry

Smash Journeyman
Self-Control? Morals? Is this a forum or Montel?

You guys need to calm down. Its not that serious.

SmashThugZ

Smash Journeyman
if it's not that serious, then why'd you have to go and continue making a big deal out of it

AlexBarry

Smash Journeyman
if it's not that serious, then why'd you have to go and continue making a big deal out of it
Who made a big deal out of it? You mean the spaz that came out of no where to **** talk me? The one nobody asked about anything? You? Oh yeah.....:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom