• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Links Bair as a KO/Combo Set Up! ~

Ulevo

Smash Master
First of all, I'd like to say this. Cheer the hell up. Seriously. Link will never advance if people don't take the right attitude towards him. i.e. Writing guides on how he isn't good but giving tips on how to beat worse characters.

That's not the purpose of the thread, and I'm not pointing fingers. I wanted to get that out of the way though, because it's depressing.

Anyway, similar to Meta Knights first two hits of his Fair and Bair, Links first kick of the Bair has a unique quality; the opponent will not be knocked back farther based on damage %. A character will be sent just as far away if they were to be at 0% or 999%. What does this mean? You can fast fall the Bair to stun them and follow it up with other moves. Spin, FSmash, UTilt, Dash Attack, what have you. I apologize if this is already posted, but I thought it would be a useful tool.

mventre

Smash Apprentice
I wasn't aware that his bair had the same amount of knockback no matter what the opponent's percent damage was. Thanks for that tidbit of info

Swordplay

Smash Lord
this is true and thank you for you optimistic attitude

it my opinion it is unfortunate that link has laggy moves and so setting up combos is hard.

I find it easier to wiff the first hit of his b-air and hit with the second because it actually has a better knockback if it hits alone i believe.

Aurashade

Smash Ace
THE HALL OF FAME WHERE THE COOL PEOPLE GO
alright, well, since we're not all happy chaps link sucks guys, we have to be happy about it even though all the members of this forum aren't even half of the actual community that play this game. whatever, you're logic is flawed and you're a moron.

Ulevo

Smash Master
alright, well, since we're not all happy chaps link sucks guys, we have to be happy about it even though all the members of this forum aren't even half of the actual community that play this game. whatever, you're logic is flawed and you're a moron.
Does the troll take dog treats or cat nip? My point is that your only competitvely useful stickys are what Izaw has composed, and one on how to not suck with link. The rest of the forum seems to follow a similar pattern.

Anyway, if you wish to point out flaws in my "logic", I suggest you do it logically. Any "moron" can spew garbage to boost their post count while trying to look smart, but guess what? You can't have cake and ice cream. That must suck, huh?

12ain

Smash Rookie
wow, I never knew about that. But now that I look back, most of the hits I execute after the first bair, they all connected well. This thread really helped me, thanks a lot and btw Link rocks, no matter what people say about him, I think he is a crazy character.

MTD

Smash Apprentice
lol your the moron, please stop acting like the king of link when no one's ever seen a video of you play, which means you probaly suck.

Aurashade

Smash Ace
THE HALL OF FAME WHERE THE COOL PEOPLE GO
Does the troll take dog treats or cat nip? My point is that your only competitvely useful stickys are what Izaw has composed, and one on how to not suck with link. The rest of the forum seems to follow a similar pattern.

Anyway, if you wish to point out flaws in my "logic", I suggest you do it logically. Any "moron" can spew garbage to boost their post count while trying to look smart, but guess what? You can't have cake and ice cream. That must suck, huh?
comprehend the basics of a normal conversation and I'll get back to you.

lol your the moron, please stop acting like the king of link when no one's ever seen a video of you play, which means you probaly suck.
ahaha, that's funny. I guess it's some loser ritual or something that you have to post videos to be considered a good link here? think again.

Ulevo

Smash Master
comprehend the basics of a normal conversation and I'll get back to you.

ahaha, that's funny. I guess it's some loser ritual or something that you have to post videos to be considered a good link here? think again.
I'd rather not converse with dreck, so you can take that naive elitist mind frame and go post on gamefaqs or something.

Lucrece

Smash Apprentice
Dear Aurashade,

Please stop having a life, and get to some much needed god****ed updating for your guide (with even more pictures; I like them).

Love,

Lucrece

Syscal

Smash Rookie
You people should quit the flaming and stay on topic.

As for the B-Air, the first kick has a constant knock-back while the second indeed does more damage. I believe that is what the topic was. Not "I'm a better Link" or "Your the Troll!! Go to GameFaqs!!"

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
Anyway, similar to Meta Knights first two hits of his Fair and Bair, Links first kick of the Bair has a unique quality; the opponent will not be knocked back farther based on damage %. A character will be sent just as far away if they were to be at 0% or 999%. What does this mean? You can fast fall the Bair to stun them and follow it up with other moves. Spin, FSmash, UTilt, Dash Attack, what have you. I apologize if this is already posted, but I thought it would be a useful tool.
This is true for almost every character's multi hit aerials. Samus' fair and uair. Pikachu's fair and bair. Falcon's nair. Peach's dair. Some exceptions include Kirby's dair and Mario's dair. These attacks are universal combo starters, but only if your next move upon landing is fast enough to hit your opponent before their hitstun ends.

Top Bottom