• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Link's arrows V Pit's arrows

R.Y.N.O

Smash Journeyman
Well if his rings project another he still has to pull the rings on his wrist. SHAS would cancel the animation of him reaching for another. This theory would work if-
A) His first shot animation is faster then all next consecutive ones.
B) He doesn't need to use a light ring for the first one.
Then he would simply cancel a part of the animation, increasing his firing speed.
I see. The only thing I am not sure of is how fast he pulls the light strings on his bow. If he pulls it fast then SHAS would work. If it is slow then we might have a problem. Based off of the vids I've seen he pulls them out pretty fast but I am not sure. Do you know?

EarthHero

Smash Apprentice
Anybody know if you can aim strait down whilst airborne with either Pit's or Link's bow? I'm not sure if I have seen it in a video or not; I'm not about to review all the vids I've seen. lol.

Kips

Smash Ace
Why would you want to aim straight down? For Link you have the infamous Sword Plant and perhaps Pit will have something similar. Still, I don't know, but if Pits arrows are strengthened by the natural force that is gravity, perhaps there might be a way.

R.Y.N.O

Smash Journeyman
Actually, it would be pretty cool if Pit's arrows could aim straight down. If someone like Sonic or DDD were trying to recover and they were too low for you to hit and recover then you could just shoot an arrow. Although Pit can jump multiple times and he has the wings of icarus (I think that's what it is called) so i'm not sure if he would be in that kind of situation. That would work out with link though.

Smash-Master9009

Smash Journeyman
i think links arrows are gonna be better, because you say "omg you can curve pits arrows" well what do you use to curve them? the joystick? and what do you use to move? the joystick....so this means that pit cant move until his arrow hits which gives opponents time to hit. links are far more improved in brawl, they charge to max distance much much faster.

R.Y.N.O

Smash Journeyman
Well actually Pit's arrows move much faster than Link's. So you have to tilt the joystick about a half second after they launch. Also you can move before the arrows hit and the lag at the end of fireing the arrow is replaced with the curve. So instead of lag you get more control.I think Pit's are better.

Penguin Knight

Smash Rookie
This is a joke topic. Pit's arrows can be fired upward, spammed faster (correct me if I'm wrong) and have that added twist of movement control. Of course they're better.

Top Bottom