• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Link's 3.5 DACUS

HarryTheChin

Smash Ace
how u do dis

I was always able to perform it back in 3.02 as the timing was super lax. But i haven't been able to perform it even once since 3.5s release. Did it turn into like G&Ws DACUS? I always used Z and c stick, but if the only change is I have to use A then I'll be fine with that.

RIP the dream

-1 link main

Heero Yuy

#sweg
I learned the trick is that you practically have to throw the control stick up AND press Z at the same time (but of course you Z after up within 2 frames). The timing on everything else should be the same tho.

HarryTheChin

Smash Ace
Yeah I just now was able to do it. Timing is a bit more strict from what I remember but Ya. Pretty much do c stick and z simultaneously IMO

menotyou135

Smash Journeyman
DACUS used to be different timing for every character with I think link having one of the laxer timings. Now it is 2 frame window accross the board.

EmptySky00

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1263-6981-9999
Ya, I honestly don't like the extremely communistic way they went about changing DACUS. Essentially they punished those that had it already for those that didn't. It's not even just the stricter timing, it's the variety of distances being reduced to 2. An extremely bad one, and a kinda good one is all we're left with. I'm just salt that we lost the supersized big mac wow-how-did-I-get-all-the-way-over-there?? DACUS. It felt far more intuitive before to hit the distance I needed to continue a combo before as well. I feel like everyone who had it already should have been kept the same unless their window was 1 frame, then give everyone else a 2 frame window. I'll relearn this ****, but I honestly don't approve.

Doing A right as I hit the C-stick helped immensely by the way. Thanks, guy up there that I don't feel like scrolling up to get your name.

Last edited:

Magus420

Smash Master
Every character had their best cancel speeds transferred to the new window. In Link's case, those used to be 2.09039/2.45554/3.36007 on frames 3/4/5, so he now uses 2.45554/3.36007 on frames 2/3.

HarryTheChin

Smash Ace
Every character had their best cancel speeds transferred to the new window. In Link's case, those used to be 2.09039/2.45554/3.36007 on frames 3/4/5, so he now uses 2.45554/3.36007 on frames 2/3.
Appreciate the numbers. so instead of a 3 frame window, it is now 2?

The timing is also universal across all DACUS-able characters, right?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Yes, the window is 2 frames for the entire cast. If you used Z to DACUS before, the window is the same as in 3.02 for Link.

Last edited:

SpiderMad

Smash Master
I'm not sure what this means

Paquito

Smash Journeyman
When I DACUS with Link, the horizontal distance I glide seems to very. Anyone know how to control this?

HarryTheChin

Smash Ace
When I DACUS with Link, the horizontal distance I glide seems to very. Anyone know how to control this?
I'm pretty sure the distance you get when you DACUS depends on how quickly you press Z after you initiate the dash attack with the c-stick.

should be pressing both c-stick+Z simultaneously in order to get the maximum distance.

3 frame window probably means there are 3 different distances that can be produced.

Paquito

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure the distance you get when you DACUS depends on how quickly you press Z after you initiate the dash attack with the c-stick.

should be pressing both c-stick+Z simultaneously in order to get the maximum distance.

3 frame window probably means there are 3 different distances that can be produced.
Hmm. The window is 2 frames, but this makes sense. The three distances I'm seeing is probably:

- No distance: I missed the tech, and am doing a regular up-smash out of dash
- Short distance: I triggered DACUS on the first frame.
- Long distance: I triggered DACUS on the second frame.

Magus420

Smash Master
The speeds of 2.45554/3.36007 on frames 2/3 means if you u-smash on 2nd frame of dash attack you enter u-smash while moving at a speed of 2.45554, and if on 3rd speed of 3.36007 (ground speed caps at 3 though so you get 3 instead). His run speed is 1.35 to get an idea. Before 3.5 those speeds were when canceled on 4th/5th so the timing for him changed more than most characters, since you now want to cancel on 2nd/3rd instead since everyone's dash attack cancels into u-smash/dash grab are now on frames 2-3 rather than depending on jump startup time and stuff.

Last edited:
Top Bottom