• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Linking attacks

Orichalcum

Smash Journeyman
Anyone able to successfully pull of that dash attack to uptilt usmash move? In the thread it was said you gotta press up a the moment you hit with your dash attack, but well thats certainly NOT true. I tried it with falco said to be the easiest to do. Only been able to do it once, more coincidencly than intended and i gotta say my timing isnt bad, but not inhuman either /nobrag

So how does it really work and is it even usable for zexysuitsamus?

Garde

Smash Ace
I'm 99% positive it doesn't work for Zamus. It only works for 3 characters, Falco, Wario, and Snake (and Snake doesn't even need to hit with the dash attack), to my knowledge.

It only works for Falco and Wario if you hit with the first part of the dash attack, in my experience.

BANSHI

Smash Cadet
it doesnt work, anything after the dash attack can be blocked/dodged, although i do catch people off gaurd with dash, u tilt/d tilt

Crimsonjassic

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2466-2049-1304
From my experience, you can only cancel a dash attack into your Up Smash with Link, Falco, Snake, Wolf, Sonic, Wario, Olimar, and Jigglypuff. You don't have to hit the opponent for the Up Smash-canceled Dash Attack (USDA? I dunno if it's got an official name) to work; I can do it consistently with all the characters I've mentioned without needing to hit my opponent; it just requires more-precise cancelling with some characters.

It does NOT work with Zamus (or Samus) unfortunately. Although it seems like it should work for Zamus, but it doesn't. ;-; It's easiest to do and most effective with Snake as probably most everyone knows by now.

The easiest way for me to do it is to dash, flick the C-stick down with my thumb, and within the initial start of the dash attack, hit Up on the control stick and Z with my forefinger at the same time.

k4polo

Smash Journeyman
it doesnt work, anything after the dash attack can be blocked/dodged, although i do catch people off gaurd with dash, u tilt/d tilt
From my experiences and what I read from the forums. Dash attack to Up tilt only works oncertain characters, but it can shield poke if timed right. Dash attack to up tilt, if timed properly, they can still get hit by the up tilt if the dash attack is blocked.

Up tilt(after dash attack) is fast as well and I believe it will override most attacks and even shield grabs although it is unsafe at times, it is very useful. D-tilt is good as well.

It is kinda like game and watches broken b-air which can shield poke like mad.

Doval

Smash Lord
I'm 99% positive it doesn't work for Zamus. It only works for 3 characters, Falco, Wario, and Snake (and Snake doesn't even need to hit with the dash attack), to my knowledge.

It only works for Falco and Wario if you hit with the first part of the dash attack, in my experience.
From my experience, you can only cancel a dash attack into your Up Smash with Link, Falco, Snake, Wolf, Sonic, Wario, Olimar, and Jigglypuff. You don't have to hit the opponent for the Up Smash-canceled Dash Attack (USDA? I dunno if it's got an official name) to work; I can do it consistently with all the characters I've mentioned without needing to hit my opponent; it just requires more-precise cancelling with some characters.

It does NOT work with Zamus (or Samus) unfortunately. Although it seems like it should work for Zamus, but it doesn't. ;-; It's easiest to do and most effective with Snake as probably most everyone knows by now.
Sheik can also do it. I'm willing to wager every character can do it, even if it's stupidly hard.

Crimsonjassic

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2466-2049-1304
Sheik can also do it. I'm willing to wager every character can do it, even if it's stupidly hard.
Oh, Sheik can do it, too? Fuug, it's stupidly hard to do with her! For the life of me, I can't get it to come out although this video proves she can:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=l7Q2gfVEf0k

So it's called Boost Smashing huh. Someone posted a vid of Zamus doing it:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ahd-teqQbUc&feature=related

but it seems like he's just doing a charged Up Smash out of her dash. Granted, her dash-cancelled Up Smash has some somewhat decent horizontal range.

Orichalcum

Smash Journeyman
Thats something different. I meant the dash attack and an up smash right after like in one move

k4polo

Smash Journeyman
Oh, Sheik can do it, too? Fuug, it's stupidly hard to do with her! For the life of me, I can't get it to come out although this video proves she can:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=l7Q2gfVEf0k

So it's called Boost Smashing huh. Someone posted a vid of Zamus doing it:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ahd-teqQbUc&feature=related

but it seems like he's just doing a charged Up Smash out of her dash. Granted, her dash-cancelled Up Smash has some somewhat decent horizontal range.
This technique is already used with Snake who can do it the best since he has the longest dash attack in the game. It doesn't seem to useful for ZSS though. I've seen it used on youtube tourney vid.

To do it is it dash and press C-down and quickly press UP+Z.(C-Down and UP+Z have to almost be pressed simultaneously) I seen it in a tourney already for snake and it is useful to him. I say Snake so much because it is WAY easier to do it with him than most other characters. Link and Shiek can do it quite effectively as well.(I mean it is useful for them)

I've done it with link Shiek,ZSS, and Snake.

Top Bottom