• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Link vs. Toon Link: Who's Better Equipped?

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
So from what I've seen, Link has gotten a lot of buffs compared to Brawl while Toon Link has relatively stayed the same. I haven't played Tink in online matches yet, but I've played with Link, and he seems to be a pretty strong character. His damage output is high compared to Tink and he is significantly faster than his Brawl counterpart (seemingly on par with Tink). I haven't really seen any nerfs on him, but I've noticed a few on Tink. His bombs still explode upon contact with the ground when Zair-dropped unlike Link's (not a nerf, but worth mentioning), d-throw puts the opponent far out of Bair range, and Dair no longer bounces, changing it from a risky off-stage meteor to a suicide move. Other than that, Tink appears to be the same from Brawl, which in my eyes isn't really a good sign for this MU. Link has too many buffs while Tink doesn't really have any.

This is only scratching the surface since I didn't want to get too deep into it. What do you guys think? Who has the advantage/disadvantage and why?

Top Bottom