• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Link vs Ike

megabbaut

Smash Apprentice
Shouldn't Link have the upper advantage with all his projectiles? Plus his Zair and bombs disrupt his recovery...

But yet, every time I fight Ike I can never seem to hit him with anything. Not that I suck or anything lol, but he just keeps moving around =_=

Don't you guys agree?

Rizen

Smash Legend
Ike vs Link is about -2 (disadvantage but winnable) for Link. Link's projectiles all can be beaten by well timed shielding, which isn't hard in Brawl. Ike also has an annoying frame 2 jab that can combo into other things where Link's jab is frame 6. So basically Link has to play from farther than Ike's Fair range (which is about Link's Zair range) or risk a strictly timed close combat fight of baiting, spacing and punishing Ike's lag while avoiding being caught in his jabs. At least until Link can escape and spam projectiles for a short time before Ike corners him again.
Both characters can live a long time if not gimped but Ike has launch power and jab combos that tip the scales in his favor. Also Ike's grab is a standard grab but Link's tether grab is super laggy so Link has to be sure he will land a grab or be severely punished.

You should be able to hit Ike; try using all 3 projectiles to force him into bad positions. Zair still is useful and can be done out of an airdodge.
Link definitely is at a disadvantage because Ike can approach and jab and Link's spam can't prevent this for long. Ike also has absurdly powerful punish moves if Link messes up with a laggy move.

To keep the boards clean, next time post in the Q and A thread instead of making a new one please. If you have replays we can critique them in the video thread if you want too;).

Top Bottom