• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Link Steals the Metagame

Twilght Link

Smash Journeyman
It's also usually impossible to perform a real jab lock (meaning more than just a few jabs) online even if you set one up.
so true. Online i have attempted jab locking but to no avail (i only play online so....yeah)

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Bombstooling is pretty good, but you have to either really read DI or space it perfectly.

I screwed around with it for a week, it's good. It can be a free kill (yeah, dair!) but you have to read DI unless you try to FF and start a jab lock.

I would say a bombstool is just as useful as a BAL/BACL. Also, it's about just as practical.

BAL-

Opponent must not tech --- Minus
Must be spaced well --Neutral
No reading involved --Plus
Can setup Jab Lock -- Plus
Can lead to multiple moves (Up-B, Up smash, dair, fair, nair, another BAL) -- Plus

Bombstool-

Opponent cannot tech --- Plus
Must be spaced well -- Neutral
Must read DI -- Minus
Can setup Jab Lock -- Plus
Can lead to multiple moves if getup is read, or hit during the footstool (dair) -- Plus

sasook

Smash Champion
Yeah, pretty much that. One question though, if you're low enough to the ground, won't you footstool them regardless? Like..you footstool them before they even have time to fly left/right.

I can understand reading DI if you do a FH down bombthrow, but does it apply to SH down bombthrows too?

SuSa

Banned via Administration
If you're to close, you get hit by your bomb's explosion. However if you space it perfectly you won't need to read the DI until after the footstool.

If you footstool them to close to the ground however, you don't have time to dair them (from my experience) so its less rewarding.

ps:

Midair bombstools against a Pit during his up-B is just TOO GOOD..... :) did it to my friend Dave today. <3 he was like "....... wow..."

sasook

Smash Champion
If you're to close, you get hit by your bomb's explosion. However if you space it perfectly you won't need to read the DI until after the footstool.
Ah ok, makes sense.

If you footstool them to close to the ground however, you don't have time to dair them (from my experience) so its less rewarding.
Well, I meant in terms of setting up jab locks.

ps:

Midair bombstools against a Pit during his up-B is just TOO GOOD..... :) did it to my friend Dave today. <3 he was like "....... wow..."
lol, epic

Tianxiazhai

Smash Journeyman
If you know and master the match ups, you master the game.
Vague useless stuff, right?
NO!
vague but true

Swordplay

Smash Lord
What is tank exactly?
Tank is an agressive playingstyle that combines some spacing tools along with Links heavyness. It is not always optimal because Link can be combo'd badly but Link Tanks often find themselves comboing the opponent as well.

Top Bottom