• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Link, Marth, Ike

Zanthir

Smash Rookie
Link to original post: [drupal=2838]Link, Marth, Ike[/drupal]

This is the order of my mains in SSB, SSBM, and SSBB: Link, Marth, Ike. I love the sword.

In Super Smash Bros. it seemed like link had an unfair advantage, all of these items, always a sword. Yeah, he was heavy, and didn't jump very high, but he didn't go very far when you hit him either. He was a rock. I loved him, and learned him very well.

In Melee, I found Marth, and fell in love. With every move he swung his sword. Yeah, link has a sword. There was kid link too. And they had bombs, boomerangs, and bows. But I couldn't resist the lure of this new character, who lived and died by the sword along. There was Roy too, but . . . I just loved Marth too much by the time I unlocked him to be interested.

Then along came Brawl. And here was this slow, burly guy, swinging this one ton sword. I fell in love all over again. I used Marth a lot in Brawl, too. But I just couldn't put Ike down, after picking him up.

As it turns out, he's ideal for the mindless drones in adventure mode. He has enough moves that can knock an opponent off the stage. He's just slow as mud though, so you have to be a tough defender, because you're an easy target.

But, the defense is pretty much the same from the previous games. Shield, roll, and in the recent ones, air dodge. I think I can handle it.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I wish I could say something other than "Good luck with that." (yes I mean it in a serious tone)

I was a Marth main longer than any other in Melee due to my competitive nature, but I also loved his playstyle. And Link in 64, along with a push from my brother got me into the Zelda series, starting with OoT and LttP. Since then he's been one of my staple characters each Smash game, however crappy he is in it.

As far as Ike goes, you'll have to put a lot of work into him if you want to succeed with him. It's not impossible, but it certainly won't be easy(In actuality, Brawl is the only place I like Ike. FE bores the crap out of me). Don't ever give up that easily, though. And again, good luck using him, and Link and Marth if you ever 64 and Melee again.

Top Bottom