• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

Jwave

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jackie1011
Soo.... i only have smash 4 for wii u, what games would you guys reccomend for me to get?

ZSaberLink

Smash Journeyman
Rayman Legends, Yoshi Wolly World, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Darksiders 2, DK Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8.
Splatoon & Mario Maker are awesome too!

Also, if folks haven't been looking at the tourney and/or video thread, I just posted some results. Two Link mains (Ty & Iris Z) got 9th out of 133 in Battle of BC. Never heard of them before, so that's cool seeing Links coming out of the woodwork :). Ty got taken out by the top 2 Sheik mains at the tourney and Iris Z (or Espeon CH, which I think is his sponsor) got taken out by Anti.

Also in the 8 100 man+ tourneys that happened last weekend, 44 out of the 57 chars had representation in one of the top 16s, Link being one of them. Funnily enough Ganondorf & Zelda made it, but Toon Link was nowhere to be found xD.

Last edited:

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer

ZSaberLink

Smash Journeyman
gtfo. I was actually starting to believe that there'd be no more patches. Part of me wishes we could just settle on the final game already, but then the patch life is always so tense and entertaining.
Link to our patch thread for the lazy ones. http://smashboards.com/threads/patch-notes-for-1-1-1.378472/page-13
It's funny because I was thinking about a patch yesterday and here it is haha. I'm honestly not expecting anything for Link (although given the results that Das Koopa posted, we're more likely to get buffed rather than nerfed thankfully).

Bigbomb2

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Bigbomb2
Can only pray for some good, must needed buffs. Still expecting (No changes) on poor Jiggs though

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163

Lord Renning

Smash Journeyman
So I found this amusing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqWdGYpdst8
Classic example of the extended effects of pure knockback without hitstun.
I think the funnest thing to do in any smash game is instances that screw with the physics engine.

Wonder if it's occurred to anyone that they're patching Bidou. That'd make people angry.

#legalizethe****outofJungleJapes
The second funnest thing is incorporating those silly gimmicks into one-off battle strategies.

Which makes the most boring thing about competitive smash play is that they only ever want to play in a sterile environment where we don't get to discover or form tactics around situation silly things. I get why, but...

Last edited:

LakerLink

Smash Cadet
I think the funnest thing to do in any smash game is instances that screw with the physics engine.

The second funnest thing is incorporating those silly gimmicks into one-off battle strategies.

Which makes the most boring thing about competitive smash play is that they only ever want to play in a sterile environment where we don't get to discover or form tactics around situation silly things. I get why, but...
I get you, when I'm plying friendlies I hit the random button omega smash Ville and battlefield are so boring

Stryker95

Smash Journeyman
So according to TS4M Bayo got some damage nerfs, hitbox size nerfs, and KBG changes to aerial side b. We will have to wait and see if anything else comes up.

ZSaberLink

Smash Journeyman
So according to TS4M Bayo got some damage nerfs, hitbox size nerfs, and KBG changes to aerial side b. We will have to wait and see if anything else comes up.
Surprised there wasn't a Witch Twist nerf of any sort though.

Edit: Looks like they changed Witch Twist too. If the video of the patch on 3DS is true, Bayo's side-B has gotten really bad...

Last edited:

Lord Renning

Smash Journeyman
We'll probably get a patch next month or two with the rest of the characters they've been balancing. It's really likely that they prioritized Bayonetta given the outcry and controversy, and the huge swath of FG wins Bayo started pulling in on wi-fi.

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
dude GOML you think it's all gonna be tomorrow, zero competing again Leo joining and ****, but screw that, CREW BATTLES
Crew battles are so good, I want to have sex with them. It is the closest thing in smash to pure, sensual pleasure. I live for smash crew battles. And they're going on right now, and one of them has a Canadian Link https://www.twitch.tv/egeofficial so let's go it's so lit

(there's something about crew battles that make them go last hit)
(the one time the Netherlands did a crew battle this happened, see how happy I am)

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
dude GOML you think it's all gonna be tomorrow, zero competing again Leo joining and ****, but screw that, CREW BATTLES
Crew battles are so good, I want to have sex with them. It is the closest thing in smash to pure, sensual pleasure. I live for smash crew battles. And they're going on right now, and one of them has a Canadian Link https://www.twitch.tv/egeofficial so let's go it's so lit

(there's something about crew battles that make them go last hit)
(the one time the Netherlands did a crew battle this happened, see how happy I am)
Dude, like, fly out here so you can destroy us.

Stryker95

Smash Journeyman
Someone Tell me How can i be happy with Smash Community :sad:
Method 1: Grow thick skin
Method 2: Learn to laugh
Method 3: Enjoy the game and not the people
Method 4: Leave

Any method should be adequate.

Edit: Thought of some more:

Method 5: Avoid places which make one unhappy
Method 6: Join a discord, they are typically full of happy people with sunshine and rainbows
Method 7: Become a cynic

Last edited:

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight

H4Xcaster

Smash Rookie
Method 1: Grow thick skin
Method 2: Learn to laugh
Method 3: Enjoy the game and not the people
Method 4: Leave

Any method should be adequate.

Edit: Thought of some more:

Method 5: Avoid places which make one unhappy
Method 6: Join a discord, they are typically full of happy people with sunshine and rainbows
Method 7: Become a cynic

ZSaberLink

Smash Journeyman
Yes he's a Link from NJ who used to be called Linkspec(ialist) in Brawl and is in the Link skype group, although he doesn't say much anymore. He's apparently been to only a handful of tournaments because he is poor.
Well his combo video suggests that "he's back" and that was only uploaded yesterday. Maybe he's able to play more now? It's funny how in the beginning a bunch of the clips start with Kintuse getting bodied before turning the situation around haha.

Last edited:

Alfador!

Smash Cadet
NNID
ninjaswhere
3DS FC
5043-5454-9792
Hello all! I'm brand new to smashboards save the occasional lurk but this community is what's up. I have loved playing smash since 64, although I never really got into brawl or project M. I do not have a wii u for a few more weeks however the 3ds version reminded me of my mission in life to bring it with link. The only "tournament" (in massive quotes) type settings I have played in were at conventions but I'm moving to Cali soon where there seems to be much more smash happening than in Wisconsin.. So yeah! Looking to talk amongst kindred spirits and learn a lot about the game.
Peace

Alfador!

Smash Cadet
NNID
ninjaswhere
3DS FC
5043-5454-9792
You don't. You use salt as fuel for the never-ending train ride of pain and hatred that is the FGC.
Ah. Indeed sometimes in life one must come to terms that they are bound to live the life of one who is inherently salty, personally speaking. I like to think of myself as being a salty mozzarella cheese whip. They can be tasty but wow so much salt.

Top Bottom