• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

Rizen

Smash Legend
I played the Samus MU and did better once I learned the spacing. Link needs to know MUs to win.

ZSaberLink

Smash Journeyman
have you guys ever seen a almost fight or fight over smash bros?
Recently someone got punched on the shoulder at one of our locals? I think it was meant to be more a friendly punch than it came off to be though. I've seen folks throw hats on the ground, complaining about their own skill out loud pretty loudly and stuff.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Whoa, some people just don't know how to control there angry.

I mean, I'm not saying i won't get rage quit, but whenever i do, i always build it up inside me and then it just burns up and I'm left just feeling bummed.

:135:

Catana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Catanaa
Won a small tourney saturday out of like ~30 people. 1st in both singles and teams, the updated bracket doesnt seem to get posted online though for w/e reason. Some matches were recorded though ill post them once they're up

LakerLink

Smash Cadet
Blue Link for all we know could be the best Link in the world hopely he tries up his game and goes to bigger tournies.

Last edited:

Catana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Catanaa
Catana Catana Out of curiosity, have you ever taken a game/set against Mr. R, iStudying or S1-14 in tourney? Just wondering :).
i've 2-0'd S1 once last year, also went last hit with mr.r in bracket once but that was with mk. went last hit with link against istud once as well in bracket but it was very long ago, and we never played again after that. (though ive taken a bo5 mm against his dk once because hes arrogant and thought he could beat me with his secondaries)

Last edited:

Stryker95

Smash Journeyman
7 tournaments from NE! :D Too bad I didn't win any of them :p
I didn't even know we had tournaments in NE until recently. I hope to go to one when I get home this summer. Or does NE refer to New England for you?

Last edited:

Natmax

Smash Apprentice
I didn't even know we had tournaments in NE until recently. I hope to go to one when I get home this summer. Or does NE refer to New England for you?
Haha New England sorry, annoying that they have the same abbreviation xD

Sev3n

Smash Cadet
Hm, will Sev3n Sev3n be at CEO? He's the only notable Link in the Florida area that I'm aware of. I'm not sure on how exactly to take down notes though. Obviously you can ask people after matches for tips on your play and then note down things in general (habits you may have, things they found hard to deal with, etc.).
Yes, I'll be at CEO, and CEO Prologue this month. There are actually quite a few Link mains down here, I just happen to get a lot of exposure thanks to MVG.

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
yes man those FL links gonna help each other level up and soon FL can have best link playerbase

(in a year I can refer back to this post and be all...)

ZSaberLink

Smash Journeyman
Yes, I'll be at CEO, and CEO Prologue this month. There are actually quite a few Link mains down here, I just happen to get a lot of exposure thanks to MVG.
Hm cool. Do any of the other Links get on stream much? Just curious what names to look out for :).

LinkEa

Smash Rookie
Hi guys!! I LinkEa, best Chilean Link, I share the only set that could be recorded in the tournament last Saturday, achieve get 4th place in a tournament high level in Santiago ( Chile ) with 40 participants, losing to the best Sonic my country :(
it is noteworthy that 99 % of my fights were only Link , I also managed to beat the top 3 of my country ( I had to be with my Second ... Toon Link , as Link has a horrible MatchUp against Fox) .

PD: any criticism is well received

First part: https://www.twitch.tv/hb2tv/v/65185367 ( Start at 19:30 )

Second part: https://www.twitch.tv/hb2tv/v/65190089

Like if I leave my Youtube channel with some friendlies: https://www.youtube.com/user/LinkEa1

And the channel where usually up my fights tournament:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgi28fYzz__nPRBy1Y_Jzpw

Last edited:

Sev3n

Smash Cadet
Hm cool. Do any of the other Links get on stream much? Just curious what names to look out for :).
The most likely names to see on stream are me and Fierce. There is also Saber and DuoTheFighter, to name a couple of the better ones. There are plenty more, like Missing, epicnights, ghost, D6, ChaosLink to name a few off the top of my head, but I either don't know how good they are or don't expect them to be on stream, no offense to their abilities. I try to keep track of as many of the Link mains that I can.

Bigbomb2

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Bigbomb2
Guess I should put in some work to rep PA, cause there's probably only 5 in the whole state

Rizen

Smash Legend
I hiked the last 2 mornings. Need to work my way up to the tougher trails since I'm out of shape from the winter :)

Stryker95

Smash Journeyman
Over the summer (excluding May 30-Jun 18) I plan to do one character's OOS punishes per week as well as labbing against Bayonetta. If there is any character you want front-loaded please let me know and I will do them first, otherwise I will do whomever I feel like doing. (Just FYI).

Rizen

Smash Legend
After all the patches, do you guys think Link has any horrible MUs left? He loses to characters like Sheik but is it bad enough to need a secondary?

Bigbomb2

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Bigbomb2
After all the patches, do you guys think Link has any horrible MUs left? He loses to characters like Sheik but is it bad enough to need a secondary?
I'd say so. While I do well against our pretty good local Shiek it's still probably his worst MU. And for me Pika absolutely bodies me. I also feel DIddy is up there. My secondary is (oddly) Bowser so I don't have much answer to those MU's but I'd still have one

LinkEa

Smash Rookie

Sheik after the patches do not think it's so much trouble ( it's a bad MU but controllable ) in my country (Chile) still they remain but very few are good, an MU that is very difficult is fox , considering we're talking about a very good fox , has fast ways to kill and to increase %, a similar case is Meta Knight and Pikachu ... beyond that I think the rest of MU are very manageable and winnable

LakerLink

Smash Cadet
lol no. Not even close. Are you trolling me right now? Because you know, technically I can do something about that. Maybe just keep such thoughts to yourself in the future.
I just wanted hear other people's opinions on the matter trying get a reaction and no not on you specifically.

Aside from him not playing against well known competition, I think this is the best defensive minded Link I seen play, I watched izaw and Scizor and many other links. To me my criticism has always been there too offensive minded you have to play with links strengths witch is projectiles(fighting them from a distance)

And no I don't consider the best by any stretch there is a few others with better results and better comptetion results

Rizen

Smash Legend
Scizor has the best results for Link and lives in a tough region (SoCal). Talking about the "best Link" is a fool's journey out of the frying pan.

Moving away from the topic, I defeated every tyrant in Xenoblade CX. Do you guys think Starfox Zero is worth buying or should I get something else like Mario Maker? I'm also open to suggestions.

My kitten's been crazy. She's learning but runs around playing with anything that moves. I'll have more pictures soon.

LakerLink

Smash Cadet
I'm not making the argument on who is the best link, I m just saying blueLink is really good it be cool if he went to bigger tournies

LinkEa

Smash Rookie
I just wanted hear other people's opinions on the matter trying get a reaction and no not on you specifically.

Aside from him not playing against well known competition, I think this is the best defensive minded Link I seen play, I watched izaw and Scizor and many other links. To me my criticism has always been there too offensive minded you have to play with links strengths witch is projectiles(fighting them from a distance)

And no I don't consider the best by any stretch there is a few others with better results and better comptetion results

The predominant methodology in Link is defensive, but we must not forget the offensive , that if considering that the latter is taken in very few cases. My Link is very defensive and I'm doing pretty well in tournaments. I think out of the country could get a good place, but a link that prioritizes the offensive will not draw the most out the character, was not created for a methodology so

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
Moving away from the topic, I defeated every tyrant in Xenoblade CX. Do you guys think Starfox Zero is worth buying or should I get something else like Mario Maker? I'm also open to suggestions.
I asked the daily residents of our schools game room whether Starfox Zero is worth buying. They said I should wait for the price to drop to $30. It looks gorgeous and fun, but it's not something I'd sink $60 into right now. Mario Maker offers a ton of content, the problem is I don't have enough time to sink hours into creating a level that could be played in minutes.
If you haven't played Yoshi's Wooly World yet, I'd give it a go. It's a lot of fun.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I asked the daily residents of our schools game room whether Starfox Zero is worth buying. They said I should wait for the price to drop to $30. It looks gorgeous and fun, but it's not something I'd sink $60 into right now. Mario Maker offers a ton of content, the problem is I don't have enough time to sink hours into creating a level that could be played in minutes.
If you haven't played Yoshi's Wooly World yet, I'd give it a go. It's a lot of fun.
I have Yoshi's WW, it's fun :) I'm to world 3.

Joke time!
A duck walks into a bar. Says to the bar tender, "I'd like to buy some peanuts." Bar tender says, "Sorry, don't sell peanuts." The duck leaves.

Next day, duck walks into the bar, "I want to buy some peanuts." Bar tender replies, "I already told you I don't sell peanuts!" The duck leaves.

Next day, the duck walks into the bar, "I want to buy some peanuts!" Bar tender yells back, "I told you, I don't sell peanuts! If you ask one more time, I'll nail you to the wall!" So the duck leaves.

Next day, the duck walks into the bar, "Do you have any nails?" Bar tender says, "Sorry, don't have nails." Duck asks, "Do you have any peanuts?"

Last edited:
Top Bottom