• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

Rizen

Smash Legend
My kitten kept trying to bat at the mouse on my computer screen (also a flat screen TV) so finally I pulled it to the front of my desk so she couldn't keep sitting there. She made those little clicking sounds cats make when they see a bird. Later she was on the back of my desk chair clicking and literally jumped into the TV and fell down :surprised::(. She's fine, thankfully, but that made me realize that she's not just a cat but a baby who does incredibly stupid things even by cat standards. Especially when she's crazy after a nap and tearing around the house.
She's a handful but also very sweet. She likes to be held when she sleeps :love:

Last edited:

epicnights

Smash Apprentice
NNID
epicnights
My 3ds upper screen cracked while in my bag today. I feel like someone close to me died; the sickening feeling of distress and anguish filling my throat near the point of vomiting has plagued me since I saw the damage that was wrought. It's fortunately under warranty, but I cannot shake this feeling.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
My 3ds upper screen cracked while in my bag today. I feel like someone close to me died; the sickening feeling of distress and anguish filling my throat near the point of vomiting has plagued me since I saw the damage that was wrought. It's fortunately under warranty, but I cannot shake this feeling.
I take it you never had a pet die growing up. They don't have warranties.

Anyway, someone just linked this to me https://www.change.org/p/nasa-changing-the-planet-name-of-kepler-22-b-to-namek
It's so stupid XD.

Rizen

Smash Legend
This place is dead lately. I've gotten some good wifi games in but nothing serious. Played more Xenoblade CX too; it's easier to interrupt when my kitten is crazy.

It's also snow-storming here. I hope I don't lose power.
What's new with you guys?

Last edited:

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
This place is dead lately. I've gotten some good wifi games in but nothing serious. Played more Xenoblade CX too; it's easier to interrupt when my kitten is crazy. It's also snow-storming here. I hope I don't lose power.
What's new with you guys?
How much snow do you usually get? Because I'm aware that people who don't ever get to see/experience snow get all enthusiastic about it, whereas to those who experience it all the time it's just this irritating wet nuisance. So where do you stand? Personally I would love to experience a snow-storm...

Random thoughts:

'Time traveling' in ocarina of time should only be possible going forwards. When Link pulled the master sword out, he was sealed in the sacred realm for 7 years, and when he was awakened his body was 7 years older. This is unlike any other kind of time travel I'm aware of, in fact I wouldn't even call it time travel. It's not even a cryogenic stasis. It's more like a coma. But if the secret/power behind the 'time travel' forwards is just that it put Link into some kind of coma for 7 years, how do you explain its reversal without contradicting the way the game plays out? What exactly happens to Link and the world around him when he puts the sword back in the pedestal?

I'd like to see a pokemon game where there are no 'event pokemon', and instead they simply program the secret pokemon into the game in such a way that it requires specific actions to encounter it, then they tell everyone that we have to figure it out ourselves, possibly leaving cryptic clues throughout the game-world. With the power of the internet I'd be impressed if it wasn't cracked in a few days, but one can hope that it would last longer than that if they did it well enough. All of those random theories about getting mew in the truck or getting celebi at the forest shrine without the need to go to some special event - they were far more interesting, and I kind of wish they were true. You can actually obtain mew in the first generation by exploiting a glitch (from memory, you need to activate a specific trainer battle by letting them see you when they are still off-screen, then immediately teleport to avoid the encounter, among other things), but it shouldn't have to be that convoluted, and in any case I'd want each step to be more official so you know that you're getting somewhere, with a special room at the end and some actual build-up and atmosphere, rather than simply encountering mew in the grass after doing all these other specific glitchy things.

Batu

Smash Journeyman
NNID
drlight33
How much snow do you usually get? Because I'm aware that people who don't ever get to see/experience snow get all enthusiastic about it, whereas to those who experience it all the time it's just this irritating wet nuisance. So where do you stand? Personally I would love to experience a snow-storm...

Random thoughts:

'Time traveling' in ocarina of time should only be possible going forwards. When Link pulled the master sword out, he was sealed in the sacred realm for 7 years, and when he was awakened his body was 7 years older. This is unlike any other kind of time travel I'm aware of, in fact I wouldn't even call it time travel. It's not even a cryogenic stasis. It's more like a coma. But if the secret/power behind the 'time travel' forwards is just that it put Link into some kind of coma for 7 years, how do you explain its reversal without contradicting the way the game plays out? What exactly happens to Link and the world around him when he puts the sword back in the pedestal?

I'd like to see a pokemon game where there are no 'event pokemon', and instead they simply program the secret pokemon into the game in such a way that it requires specific actions to encounter it, then they tell everyone that we have to figure it out ourselves, possibly leaving cryptic clues throughout the game-world. With the power of the internet I'd be impressed if it wasn't cracked in a few days, but one can hope that it would last longer than that if they did it well enough. All of those random theories about getting mew in the truck or getting celebi at the forest shrine without the need to go to some special event - they were far more interesting, and I kind of wish they were true. You can actually obtain mew in the first generation by exploiting a glitch (from memory, you need to activate a specific trainer battle by letting them see you when they are still off-screen, then immediately teleport to avoid the encounter, among other things), but it shouldn't have to be that convoluted, and in any case I'd want each step to be more official so you know that you're getting somewhere, with a special room at the end and some actual build-up and atmosphere, rather than simply encountering mew in the grass after doing all these other specific glitchy things.
I think the same of ocarina of time back in 1998 when i was playing it for the first time... The logic that i find was that the gods needed the true hero... a hero who could stand agains the power of the evil king, so they make him aged while he was sealed. So he could have the body of the true hero and could handle the master sword and vanish all evil. That also would explain why link aged in the sacred realm, while Ganondorf wasn't... Cuz he have arround the same age in WW and several years has passed. Sorry if is hard to understand, english is not my first language.

Rizen

Smash Legend

Random thoughts:

We can get several inches to several feet of snow. I like snow so I don't mind. The cold front missed my area mostly so we got some snow at night and rain during the day.

That's a good point about OoT.

edit,

I find this funny.

Last edited:

BaPTraPLaP

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BaPTraPLaP
They might wait to release along with the new console. Help promotes the new console with a new title that is from a well established franchise. At least there is dark souls 3 and star fox zero to play.

newto12

Smash Rookie
NNID
newto12
I know there was so much development on the game and it's going to be huge

It's going to be worth the wait especially if they happen to be continuing development.

ZSaberLink

Smash Journeyman
Hm, DKWill (and other DK mains he's discussed it with) actually thinks Link beats DK. I wonder who he plays against to think that.

Last edited:

Natmax

Smash Apprentice
Hm, DKWill (and other DK mains he's discussed it with) actually thinks Link beats DK. I wonder who he plays against to think that.
It must be strictly from a theory standpoint. I can confirm that there are no good Link's in Tristate (DK Will's region). When I went to KTAR everyone from tristate told me I was the best link they'd ever played, which clearly means they don't even have any half-decent ones XD

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer

micahismyname

Smash Rookie
NNID
micahismyname
I don't know how many of you are redditors but there is a subreddit for Link Mains: https://www.reddit.com/r/linkmains

It's not very active and anything of substance is actually just a link to this board. Still, I'd like to see it more active if any of you are interested.

Also, Zero just declared Scizor the best Link main, so I'd like to bring that up here and be the one who causes that sh**storm.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qt0Ed4qoJAc

Last edited:

FSK

Smash Ace
Izaw commented on the video.

IzawSmash 3 minutes ago
So a lot of people have been wondering :3

Salt is real, from both ZeRo and the Link boards, scizor is their favorite. Plus I'm European, who would ever notice my 9th at Beast 6 or 4th in Avalon. No no, ofc I have to travel to the US and spend a lot of money to even be noticed lol (not to mention be accepted by the crybaby link board community)

W/e tho, all of these best character videos are great for views, many of these character best of I disagree with cough best Sheik and Samus cough. These videos have a lot of drama and salt, great for milking $$$ out of views. GG. Great contribution for the community ZeRo. Really brings everyone together. God I miss the melee community... Oh and yeah I would say I am the best Link. I'm sure you didn't even look at my results at all ZeRo, or even talk to Scizor. Why would you, not like you really care about the quality or the content of these videos. And FYI, me and Scizor never MM, we played like 10 friendliest though, 7 of which I won.
Izaw, you gorgeous source of never ending lulz.

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
We can not underestimate how deeply familiar with Link Will was once: he was part of the great New York circle, once boasting Kirinblaze, the most graceful Link who ever tread this earth; Mage, the most charismatic midlevel player this side of the Atlantic; and sasook, the self-aware and theoretically learned newbie (who starred in the famous "Will destroys me" series). When IQHQ was still fresh and strong early into this game Kirinblaze was a part of it too, of course, and I suspect most of his opinion is grounded on his early experiences with his gracious friend, extended theoretically into the ever-expanding metagame.

As for ZeRo's video, the man was clueless and asked on Twitter, and Scizor received the most overwhelming vote, that is all: https://twitter.com/TSMZeRo/status/720492224606244867 What especially stands out in those responses is Xaltis apparently playing Link, which I don't think any of us knew:
Xaltis said:
MVD said I was better than Izaw though... Even Gunblade was too afraid to money match my Link at Shots fired.
In any case, those competitions serve only to flatter the vanity of all the wrong people on a worldwide scale -- they're only fun on a smaller scale, where there is a playful competition instead of endless puffing.

ZSaberLink

Smash Journeyman
We can not underestimate how deeply familiar with Link Will was once: he was part of the great New York circle, once boasting Kirinblaze, the most graceful Link who ever tread this earth; Mage, the most charismatic midlevel player this side of the Atlantic; and sasook, the self-aware and theoretically learned newbie (who starred in the famous "Will destroys me" series). When IQHQ was still fresh and strong early into this game Kirinblaze was a part of it too, of course, and I suspect most of his opinion is grounded on his early experiences with his gracious friend, extended theoretically into the ever-expanding metagame.

As for ZeRo's video, the man was clueless and asked on Twitter, and Scizor received the most overwhelming vote, that is all: https://twitter.com/TSMZeRo/status/720492224606244867 What especially stands out in those responses is Xaltis apparently playing Link, which I don't think any of us knew:

In any case, those competitions serve only to flatter the vanity of all the wrong people on a worldwide scale -- they're only fun on a smaller scale, where there is a playful competition instead of endless puffing.
Pretty much. Yeh Zero asked on twitter and I think Zero took the most interest in 7's answer, which had Scizor, then Izaw, and then himself, before replacing himself with Cat (he first forgot about Catana though). Which seems like a reasonable top 3 anyhow. But like you said, it really doesn't matter since the board generally knows the good Link mains to watch as good reference points.

Last edited:

Catana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Catanaa
Though I do agree these videos from zero are cancerous and toxic.. holy **** @Izaw. And here I thought after everything that happened you would have calmed down a little. Seriously.. why would you care this much? Surely you're the underdog who never gets noticed anywhere, right? smfh. Scizor has earned this spot anyway with consistent decent results, and if you disagree then become better to a point where it'd be clear you're the 'best' instead of complaining. You're only making yourself look bad. again.

Oh and FSK FSK where the **** have you been you ****ing ************? come the **** back you little piece of **** these boards are too lazy without you

Last edited:

LakerLink

Smash Cadet
I can't really say who s the best link when I got no idea of scizcor s tourney results, but you can piont out that zero could be bias after the Izaw incident. And Scizcor is from zero s region.

For me the discussion of the best link is actually good for the links comptetivly cuase it brings out the best of them. Hence izaw vs Catana, brought out the best.

In basketball it brings out the best of players too even though they won't admit it, Lebron is and has been trying to top MJ it's been apparent when he made the move to Miami.

Hey the link boards go dead without controvarsity.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
I don't know how many of you are redditors but there is a subreddit for Link Mains: https://www.reddit.com/r/linkmains

It's not very active and anything of substance is actually just a link to this board. Still, I'd like to see it more active if any of you are interested.
eww. yuck. no thanks.
@ScizorVX Still hasn't given us that "notebook" of meta he claims to have...what a fraud.
Yes I haven't forgotten either dw. I should take his post, frame it and put it up somewhere noticeable in the Link boards, like, I don't know, maybe make it a thread and sticky it.
(For real though, Scizor, stop being a tease.)

Top Bottom