• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

We have a rule about double posting. You barely waited half an hour between those. What exactly is your problem? And furthermore, what the hell are you talking about?

7NATOR

Smash Master
So is there any Professional link players out here

Mannnn
Catana

why did you have to say all of that To
LakerLink

(I wonder what He did that He got Humaliated for)

Yes I'm new to the link social thread, no Link isn't my favorite, but I like to know all the info about Link himself and the people in this social thread

Last edited by a moderator:

DJTHED

Smash Apprentice
NNID
djthed
3DS FC
1805-3499-5905
Switch FC
SW-1721-8556-4217
DJTHED DJTHED RIP the doubles dream, apparently Smash 4 dubs isn't going to happen.
Probably wouldn't team with another Link main anyway. Pretty much asking to get 0-2'd at that point.

Chaoslink

Smash Cadet
NNID
chaosl1nk
oh **** i didn't know izaw was gonna be at beast, i'll try to keep a lookout for him, i'll be at a tournament myself. Is he the only european link there? Any American Links?

Tompa

Smash Rookie
Wtf? Whats up with the attitude man?

I am a guy that was answering your question. You don¨t need to worry. It will be up soon! We are a organisation called "BogartSmashBrothers" and we are sponsoring some "moneymatches" here and there and I telling you that the game is coming up soon. Fun right?

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
Wtf? Whats up with the attitude man?

I am a guy that was answering your question. You don¨t need to worry. It will be up soon! We are a organisation called "BogartSmashBrothers" and we are sponsoring some "moneymatches" here and there and I telling you that the game is coming up soon. Fun right?
You just popped out of nowhere and answered a question that had nothing to do with you. Also http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=soon&defid=4387130

Tompa

Smash Rookie
Still, I was answering your question. That´s not bad. Right?

I can see that you really want to see it. Many people do. The match will be up in a couple of days max 1 week maybe.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Still, I was answering your question. That´s not bad. Right?

I can see that you really want to see it. Many people do. The match will be up in a couple of days max 1 week maybe.
Let me tell you something "soon" is the carrot strung in front of a load bearing mule. Izaw also said it'd be up Wednesday a month ago. That mule starved to death long ago.

epicnights

Smash Apprentice
NNID
epicnights
One thing I've found that Link does well in doubles is, surprisingly, rushdown. Well, a better way to word it would be "anti-rushdown". By having Link being the offensive character, you can offensively counteract the opposing team's offensive member with our superior disjoint in fair, f-tilt and jab at low to mid percent. At higher percent Link has the knockback to create temporary 2v1s by keeping an opponent far offstage. It's important to not be playing defensive, as we don't fare well in doubles edge guarding situations, where we have less time to pull bombs, so aggressor feels like the best way to play doubles.

Himura Kenshin

Smash Journeyman
Let me tell you something "soon" is the carrot strung in front of a load bearing mule. Izaw also said it'd be up Wednesday a month ago. That mule starved to death long ago.
It'll be up later. It'll be up asap. It'll be up in the future.

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
damn guys DLC characters are taking over, the FL open ladder gf also had two DLC chars:

Zane the pure

Smash Ace
^ Ooh, tough match up. It could go either way, nigh invincible ninja Onii-san vs the Urobutcher's favorite chew toy.
Call it a 55/45 in the viewers favor...

Welp, with that stirring analysis completed, I away to my ostrich burrow once more.
(Phew, I feel sorry for people who go to school working two jobs. I'm tired enough between one and the other.)

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
^ Ooh, tough match up. It could go either way, nigh invincible ninja Onii-san vs the Urobutcher's favorite chew toy.
Call it a 55/45 in the viewers favor...

Welp, with that stirring analysis completed, I away to my ostrich burrow once more.
(Phew, I feel sorry for people who go to school working two jobs. I'm tired enough between one and the other.)
I know that feeling.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I was watching some smash vids, Cloud's finishing touch has a KBGrowth of 417, wow. I might get into smash again, been playing Xenoblade CX lately (must buy for Wii U even though the story is hilariously JRPG bad). I've been really busy irl too.

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
What time does the Stream start? I want to see what goes down.
Here's the schedule, gonna go DOWN tomorra

That's right, for once you Americans are in trouble with time! Finally a tourney Europeans can follow comfortably! No more staying up till 3-4 to watch a video game tournament...! No more this talk:

Dumbfire: [Yawning, black circles under eyes, looks terrible]
Some other person: Damn son you goin' at it late at night yesterday?
Dumbfire: Yea man, it was totally rockin', hittin' it all night long and sheeit. [was actually up watching video game tournament]

(Loosely translated from the dutch)

Lord Renning

Smash Journeyman
Wheo released another video with Link tips or what not. Anything of note here that either wasn't known or is practical?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3lzNuleE2A

I figured grounded DAir is hard enough to hit normally, but I'm curious whether the followups after the second one are useful.
Cool. Link has his fun ledge stalling things from other games, and you can do more than up air out of double dog dairs... which should have been obvious if I'd played with it.

In Melee and Brawl the ledge tricks were used to mitigate the ledge guarding section of the eternal struggle that was recovering with Link. Mainly as something you can do to screw up the opponent's timing and rhythm so you can get back onstage properly or net a punish. It was also good as something you can do subconsciously to stall and watch your opponent. See what they're fishing for, if their spacing is proper, what options they're covering, or make them hesitant to jump down and hurt you so close to the ledge. Though especially in Brawl it was ultimately useless since any competitive character could go off-stage and gimp your weak recovery before you even got to that point. Not that you could always reach the stage even if they left you alone, but since it was the only thing you could do so you got good at it anyway. Now Link's recovery isn't Magikarp. So who knows.

The other situational Link combos can always be added to the gigantic list of situational Link combos that define his character. They also look cool and if you pull them off your opponent will say, "Whoah." Down air is always going to carry the risk they'll dodge and you'll get stuck with your sword in the ground, so that forever limits it's use as a grounded attack. You can use the boomerang lag cancel trick or blow yourself up, but... Well, if they're open to it, you now have options that pay better dividends. That's always good, and the bounciness makes it much safer on shield. Pogoing off the opponent's shield and walking away never stops entertaining or frustrating.

ZSaberLink

Smash Journeyman
What happened? If i may ask.
In doubles Izaw managed to clutch out a match where the opposing team had 3 stocks left, his partner was out of stocks, and he only had 1 stock left. It was just him playing very patiently, one SD of sorts later to make it 1 v 1 again, and Izaw just outplaying the last player despite the percent deficit.

Izaw got knocked into losers by MVD (2-0), didn't get to see the set though. He's still in losers atm.

Last edited:
Top Bottom