• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Good lord you type alot.
@ A_Phoenix_Down A_Phoenix_Down
@Dark_Link05
This right here is exactly what I am talking about.
This kid simply ignores a very well thought out and detailed to the topic in hand, whilst only acknowledging to the level of, "It's too long to read".
This is the exact sort of thing that stops thought provoking discussion and debate.

This, is why we have such a problem in these boards. This is also why we need a good cleansing.
I went through all of that trouble typing that response, adding in examples and detail to illustrate my points. For what? For a kid to acknowledge that I "type alot?"
First of all, he needs to go spelling school. It is spelled "a lot", and it is insulting to both mine, and this boards intelligence to have a post like this disregarded with a simple reason of being too lazy to read.
This is also a form of bullying you fail to bring to your points. Ignoring ideas just because it has detail, and (somewhat correct grammar) whilst insulting those who wrote these ideas is a form of bullying, and it can really hurt others in the same way in which it kills intellectual discussion. The least he could of done is not responded instead of proving his laziness. This is what killed this board people. Wake up and smell the ignorance.

Swordplay

Smash Lord
Man this weekend I killed it with link in 2v2 settings against some pretty good players.

I think link is a much better team battle character than 1v1 character this time around? But I guess I'm posting because I wanted to know how the boards felt!

Naroghin

Smash Ace
NNID
Naroghin
It is spelled "a lot",

Edit: @ Swordplay Swordplay That's good to hear. I have not been able to try Link in a serious 2v2 setting. I imagine that he could be powerful if he is careful with his interference and his ally understands his spacing needs and movement options. Which character did you team with?

Last edited:

smokebomb12

Banned via Administration
NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
@Dark_Link05
This kid simply ignores a very well thought out and detailed to the topic in hand, whilst only acknowledging to the level of, "It's too long to read".
This is the exact sort of thing that stops thought provoking discussion and debate.

This, is why we have such a problem in these boards. This is also why we need a good cleansing.
I went through all of that trouble typing that response, adding in examples and detail to illustrate my points. For what? For a kid to acknowledge that I "type alot?"
First of all, he needs to go spelling school. It is spelled "a lot", and it is insulting to both mine, and this boards intelligence to have a post like this disregarded with a simple reason of being too lazy to read.
This is also a form of bullying you fail to bring to your points. Ignoring ideas just because it has detail, and (somewhat correct grammar) whilst insulting those who wrote these ideas is a form of bullying, and it can really hurt others in the same way in which it kills intellectual discussion. The least he could of done is not responded instead of proving his laziness. This is what killed this board people. Wake up and smell the ignorance.
What the hell? I understood all the **** you said ma'am. Am I wrong for saying you type "ALOT". Did you not agree that we can post what ever the hell we want? And PLEASE don't get me started on bullying you cause I Did not acknowledge what you call "ideas". How old are you? 6? Grow some skin. And if you are going to call me lazy, I think you should take a look at the damn picture with all the Links. All you had to do was put your fingers on a keyboard and type all the "ideas" you had. Stop while you still have a shred of dignity left.

Man this weekend I killed it with link in 2v2 settings against some pretty good players.

I think link is a much better team battle character than 1v1 character this time around? But I guess I'm posting because I wanted to know how the boards felt!
Good job. I'm not the best a 2 vs. 2 battles. You have to rely on your teammate to get the most of battle. If your partner sucks, then you are pretty much dead. I like to use Robin on doubles cause of thoron. Link is good as well.

Also, I dig the sig. It looks awesome.

Last edited:

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
you know it's just the social who cares, all relevant links are in the tournament results thread, video archive and metagame thread -- foxy never posts here but guess who one of the best posters on the board is

Catana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Catanaa
Warning Received
It's not just in social, morons. The entire boards is reeking of people's ignorance and stupidity, so where else would any of you suggest to bring this up?
We get idiots making threads just to complain or to ask the laziest and most stupid questions, nearly every single MU thread and even the metagame thread has been infected before with the pest that is the ignorance of scrubs who think they know anything about this game, when 90% of them have played nothing but for glory.
Some people really need to open their eyes and actually do something about it.

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
@Dark_Link05

Yes... I didn't want to bring a certain someone's ignorance into this but if you want to talk about that, you're damn right that its annoying and that kid has been trying to piss off everyone in the boards since he started visiting this board. That's exactly what i meant when I said you're able to post whatever you want as long as you're not trying to piss everyone off... I agree with you there. But when it comes to Unknown, the kid has literally done nothing wrong to receive any kind of backlash and he's been here much longer than the trolls that do deserve that.

@ Zane the pure Zane the pure I'm not being a hero but that specific poster didnt deserve all the hate at all.

Last edited:

Lozjam

Smash Champion
What the hell? I understood all the **** you said ma'am. Am I wrong for saying you type "ALOT". Did you not agree that we can post what ever the hell we want? And PLEASE don't get me started on bullying you cause I Did not acknowledge what you call "ideas". How old are you? 6? Grow some skin. And if you are going to call me lazy, I think you should take a look at the damn picture with all the Links. All you had to do was put your fingers on a keyboard and type all the "ideas" you had. Stop while you still have a shred of dignity left.
First, you call me a girl, of which I clearly am not.
Second, you are very wrong for typing "Alot" because it is incorrect spelling and a poor use of word choice at that.

I was acknowledging however, why things have gone down in these boards. You show a blatant disregard for actual ideas . I have not been personally hurt, yet this is why this place turned into a daycare.

Also, you are indeed lazy, and you are indeed a moron. You think typing with correct grammar is easy, while having good flow, tone, and understanding of the content shown? Well I haven't ever seen you put to the test. That post alone is filled with grammatical errors up the wazoo.

What the hell? We got a fragment here. No complete though, this is just a stupid sentence altogether. I understood all the **** you said ma'am. There is supposed to be a comma after ma'am, but there are more problems down the line. Am I wrong for saying you type "ALOT". I addressed this earlier, but "alot" isn't a word. Furthermore, there is supposed to be a question mark at the end of this sentence. Additionally, you changed verb tense as well from sentence to sentence.Did you not agree that we can post what ever the hell we want? Whatever is an actual word. It isn't supposed to be what ever. Furthermore, adding in "the hell" completely ruins the sentences flow and doesn't convey the idea as well. And PLEASE don't get me started on bullying you cause I Did not acknowledge what you call "ideas". You never should start a sentence with "And" like that. That makes this sentence a fragment. Using the word "cause" is completely incorrect. This is the pinnacle of laziness. You are some kid who is too lazy to type "be", I weep for humanity. "Did" should not be capitalized, and something very lazy as well. Adding the "what you call ideas" is completely incorrect as well. How old are you? 6? Grow some skin. This is just poorly worded and phrased, but there are far bigger fish to fry. And if you are going to call me lazy, I think you should take a look at the damn picture with all the Links. This is actually the correct use of "And" in the beginning of the sentence. However, this is a run-on sentence. All you had to do was put your fingers on a keyboard and type all the "ideas" you had. Again, run-ons. Stop while you still have a shred of dignity left

I think all that you have proved is that you are a whiny, ignorant, and arrogant kid that does not deserve our time. Do I type with perfect grammar all the time? No, people make mistakes; Your posting however, is just absurdly incorrect. You have the nerve to insult me multiple times, yet you are the one causing all of the problems in these boards. So I will give you two options.
1. Man up, and own up to all of the mistakes you have made in these boards. Become a respectful, intelligent member of this community. You need make decent posts around here, and try to earn back your dignity. Work on your grammar as well. I recommend that you go back to 7th grade English class.

2. Leave these boards. If you choose not to go with the above option. I will find a way to make this happen. I promise.

Last edited:

MagmarFire

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MagmarFire
3DS FC
3737-9549-8452
So I don't have to pretend to be nice anymore? FINALLY!
Don't have to? I was under the impression that expressing any sort of basic human decency in this subforum was sacrilege.

EDIT: I was being sarcastic. Don't like this post if you actually approve of this board's toxicity, for the love of Nayru.

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Hey link boards how you doing?
*reads up on the last few pages*

Don't have to? I was under the impression that expressing any sort of basic human decency in this subforum was sacrilege.

EDIT: I was being sarcastic. Don't like this post if you actually approve of this board's toxicity, for the love of Nayru.
The sarcasm is why I liked your post. It's funny to me.

8MAN

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FourOhFour
3DS FC
4871-4261-8409
I'd rather have a toxic and productive board rather than a fluffly sanctuary dedicated to raising fragile children, who are easily hurt by what others say on the internet.

Zane the pure

Smash Ace
Editted: Lol I censor dodged on accident... better fix that one. Sorry Foxy, the last thing I want is trouble for you lol.
For someone who wanted me to share...
and someone tell phoenix_down-syndrome that regardless of any white knighting he might claim not to be doing, he's still sheltering someone whose interpersonal communication skills are functionally ********. Someone who doesn't understand sarcasm can be educated. This kid simply doesn't even register it, making him a brick wall.

I myself tried laying things out as painfully obvious as possible for him on multiple occasions hoping that it would point his mind in the direction of attaining more self-awareness which is essential to then recognizing patterns of inference in other's speech. Really, go back and look at how many times I blatantly stated the obvious to assist Unknown Hero and Smoke***** in understanding where they'd went wrong.

But invariably, days later the kid still ***** up even the simplest of understandings, and he decided to post that he didn't really even play link anymore. So on top of not being able to contribute worthwhile information due to only fighting cpus and having zero experience in competitive play, he also no longer has anything to benefit from the info that we share, taking him from dead weight to tragically quaint.
Seeing as how nothing he'd posted in social had any merit or wit, it'd be an easy assumption that his lack of meaningful input would not be missed if he were to switch mains and stop showing up. As if reading my mind, Cat posts "No one will miss you"
After which He again cannot take the hint and either man up or leave and begins to moan about people not taking him seriously, and after a few edits he even backtracked on most of that...

Phoenix Down was projecting like a self-righteous prick that had no intention of improving the situation at all, rather why not turn heel at the people (whom he completely and blitheringly forgot to realize) are giving the kid a much needed dose of tough love that if received properly would help him develop an actual personality for Christ's sake.
Nothing to add/improve to the situation, no, just ***** out the people with legit criticisms, do nothing to adequately refute any points and hilariously take the role of "Moral Guardian"
And if you read all the way through this and stick around @Unknown Hero I pray you don't take it personally. Nothing on the internet outside of legitimate death threats with substantial proof should ever be taken personally, and to do so is a simple case of shooting yourself in the foot. Try to work on your uptake of sarcasm and facetious statements, as it'll aid you greatly in life. If you don't feel like playing Link, cool. If you don't wanna play :4tlink:, cool. Play whoever you want, pray that Young Link has a shot at being real again, and don't expect the the "Link Boards™" of all places to bat an eyelash. Do so and I promise the bad men won't be able to bother you nearly as much.

And @ smokebomb12 smokebomb12 ? just... go away kid, you have absolutely nothing to add to anything here do you? Nice art though...

And as for the rest of you:

lurking is the best thing since sliced bread... and I was ****in' hyped for sliced bread

Last edited:

MagmarFire

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MagmarFire
3DS FC
3737-9549-8452
The sarcasm is why I liked your post. It's funny to me.
Oh. Very well, then.

I'd rather have a toxic and productive board rather than a fluffly sanctuary dedicated to raising fragile children, who are easily hurt by what others say on the internet.
Are amicability and productivity really that mutually exclusive?

Last edited:

ama99

Smash Journeyman
@ 8MAN 8MAN speaks truth.

Honestly, if you are ever hurt by somebody on the ****ing internet. Please go overcome your inferiority complex, and ask your local meattender for a hairy and large sac of extra large bull testicles.

If you are hurt by an anonymous internet comment. You literally have let yourself to be hurt by a random combination of 0 and 1s. Yep, you've allowed numbers, binary code to damage your conscience on a personal level. The type of comments that hurt you? They are often made by people you will never meet. Creepy Weeabos living in attics. Fat Warcraft addicts also addicted to Taco Bell. People you could be better then, but the fact that you've let their combinations of finger movement hurt you instantly make you sink to their level, if not lower, and yet the amount of emotional anguish caused by pathetic internet comments is still ubiquitous. Kids allow anonymous comments to even drive themselves to suicide. It astonishes me how much one's courage can vary in this world. On one hand we have Africans who can't afford drinking water, children who get up every day to fight cancer, and citizens in the Middle East who have to constantly live with the fear of being killed in violent conflict. On the other hand, we have North American children that are so pathetic, they've allowed Internet comments to cause them genuine pain and anguish.

So if you have been hurt by my comments or anyone else's on these boards. You desperately need to grow some actual skin.

Last edited:

MagmarFire

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MagmarFire
3DS FC
3737-9549-8452
It astonishes me how much one's courage can vary in this world. On one hand we have Africans who can't afford drinking water, children who get up every day to fight cancer, and citizens in the Middle East who have to constantly live with the fear of being killed in violent conflict. On the other hand, we have North American children that are so pathetic, they've allowed Internet comments to cause them genuine pain and anguish.
Well, that's certainly not a fallacy I've ever seen uttered before.

At the risk of jumping the gun, I'm going to assume you were referring to my point when writing your post. Ignoring how cringe-worthily cliche it is, that doesn't address what I said. At all. What I'm trying to get at is that the hostility around here is done under the pretense of keeping on point and staying productive. Not to belittle that objective or anything (towards that end, the boards are quite organized!), but frankly, that's all it is--a pretense. If productivity were an objective, the sort of gangbanging that we see towards those who don't frequent the boards would have been cut short long ago, as I'm willing to bet that that wastes just as much time as someone asking a stupid question. Entertaining as it may be if the person deserves it, it's nothing more than language meant to communicate exclusivity.

And before someone throws another straw man, I'm not personally offended by any of this. I'm frustrated. This sort of thing does the exact opposite of encouraging civil discourse, which is why there are those who lurk the boards--people who could legitimately contribute were they not so hesitant to be subject to mudslinging, regardless of whether whatever they contribute even deserve it.

Last edited:

smokebomb12

NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
.I'm not hurt. I just don't see why people on this board goes ape over the dumbest things. If you know it's typed by a kid, then ignore it. Simple.

@ Zane the pure Zane the pure everything is taken. I have nothing to contribute anything to. I do try to give MU information.

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
@ Zane the pure Zane the pure regardless of his inability to defend himself and realize when he's getting bashed, he still has done nothing wrong since he came to these boards. This thread is still a social thread. We have completely separate threads for topics on the meta and MU's for a reason, am I wrong?

So the kid had made a simple comment about not being able to handle Link. So what? Did he get a mod de-modded? No. Does he repeatedly and maliciously post things to purposely piss everyone off? Nope. He's harmless as far as im concerned. Gang up on the people that deserve it, not a kid who barely has any idea why he's getting hate.

I'm defending the kid. Damn right I am when theres a bunch of grown ass adults flipping out on him for nothing.

So good, you can call me your "white knight" cuz clearly I'm a lot more "pure" than you are. Im done with this conversation. I don't want to repeat myself.

Last edited:

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
wtf text walls guys, text walls

but Zane is called the "pure" ironically, he's the sleaziest, dirtiest, slimiest ************ around. They used to call him Dirty Zachary you know.

Last edited:

Catana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Catanaa
@ Zane the pure Zane the pure regardless of his inability to defend himself and realize when he's getting bashed, he still has done nothing wrong since he came to these boards. This thread is still a social thread. We have completely separate threads for topics on the meta and MU's for a reason, am I wrong?

So the kid had made a simple comment about not being able to handle Link. So what? Did he get a mod de-modded? No. Does he repeatedly and maliciously post things to purposely piss everyone off? Nope. He's harmless as far as im concerned. Gang up on the people that deserve it, not a kid who barely has any idea why he's getting hate.

I'm defending the kid. Damn right I am when theres a bunch of grown *** adults flipping out on him for nothing.

So good, you can call me your "white knight" cuz clearly I'm a lot more "pure" than you are. Im done with this conversation. I don't want to repeat myself.
Your pathetic attempt to defend the weak is rather amusing.

Please, do entertain me further.

link and ike lover

Smash Lord
NNID
Thegodlink

I'm defending the kid. Damn right I am when theres a bunch of grown *** adults flipping out on him for nothing.

That was beautiful. Good Job
upload_2015-8-5_14-20-8.jpeg

MagmarFire

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MagmarFire
3DS FC
3737-9549-8452
Your pathetic attempt to defend the weak is rather amusing.

Please, do entertain me further.
Your lack of an attempt to address his point with a coherent logical argument is even more entertaining, I assure you.

Catana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Catanaa
Your lack of an attempt to address his point with a coherent logical argument is even more entertaining, I assure you.
Your pathetic attempt to defend our royal white knight is even more amusing.

You too, are doing a fine job at entertaining me. Now do keep on going, my loyal servant.

link and ike lover

Smash Lord
NNID
Thegodlink
Your pathetic attempt to defend our royal white knight is even more amusing.

You too, are doing a fine job at entertaining me. Now do keep on going, my loyal servant.
Thx for banning me for no god damn reason in the linksmashers xat group
What did I ever do to you? D:
I got feelings.
I signed in. Wrote 2 messages. And catana kicks me out. Reason: None .-.

Last edited:

smokebomb12

NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
Warning Received
So much words. I really dont have anything to say ._.
That was beautiful. Good Job
View attachment 66371
You accidentally double posted.

I actually did not get that person de-modded. And I do not intend to piss off people. It just sort of happens on accident. But don't explain your reasoning for defending the innocent.

Thx for banning me for no god damn reason in the linksmashers xat group
What did I ever do to you? D:
I got feelings.
I signed in. Wrote 2 messages. And catana kicks me out. Reason: None .-.
At least you can write 2 messages. I write 2 words and I get banned.

Last edited by a moderator:

link and ike lover

Smash Lord
NNID
Thegodlink
You accidentally double posted.

I actually did not get that person de-modded. And I do not intend to piss off people. It just sort of happens on accident. But don't explain your reasoning for defending the innocent.

At least you can write 2 messages. I write 2 words and I get banned.
Nah LOL I didnt double post xD
Every time I go there catana bans me for 8 hours. .-.
@ Dumbfire Dumbfire
He was last seen 5 minutes ago

Last edited by a moderator:

Be_Mild

Livin' life on the mild side
NNID
BeMild
3DS FC
1676-4317-5374
wtf text walls guys, text walls
And you are required to read every last word. :lick:

I think we're getting a little over-reactive for the sake of drama. In all reality the kiddos get plenty of leniency to clutter. Cleansings are few and far between but keep this board overall very organized. Like Lozjam said, you are free to post crap and you are free to scorn said crap. Quid pro quo. Considering how this place used to be, I am astonished there is white-knighting right now. But maybe that's part of the balance. :confused:

Top Bottom