• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Link & Brawl, Twilight Style??

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
The multiple character thing is already taken over (and in better form) by Pokemon Trainer, and I'd much rather have just Zelda (and make her good) than have Zelda/Shiek.

Yeah I made some thread about that a long while ago.. a Sheik Transformation Final smash (would be alot like Samus/Zamus) would be pretty nice.

alot of people say that Zamus= New Sheik

same with Marth and Ike.

hopefully they'll add her special moves and FS soon.

ssbmaster2007

Smash Journeyman
...There's not much reason to think that Wolf Link has much of a chance of being playable in Brawl, though I wish he would be, but I doubt it.

But if they can have an Ivysaur dash across a stage then animating Wolf Link would be a cinch in comparison.

But even though there are a small handful of actions that can be thought up to use without much thought, that probably isn't enough to save enough time and trouble for them to find it worth adding this character as playable.

For just one taunt, he could stretch as he does in TP, and he as well, for a special have his Spin Attack, though because it's different, it isn't like Link's ^B recovery special.

It would be instead used as his vB special, and his recovery would be like his jumping lunge performed by locking onto a target and simply pressing A in TP, powerful and travels decent distance.

As for grabbing, well, I thought Midna could be on his back, seeing as she was in TP. She could be used to grab the enemy, and for pummeling them, the Wolf would bite at them at a pretty good speed.

And for another taunt (+v is the particular direction I have in mind), he could howl as he does in TP, and if after pressing d-pad (+) down (v), you hold A, then you can howl in the three different pitches by tilting the control pad up, down, or keeping it neutral.

And for the Final Smash, it could be the move in TP that is used by holding down B, that in brawl, would cover the entire stage that circular area that locks on all targets it comes across.

After expanding across the whole stage, it stays for around 5 seconds, locking onto any other that land on the stage after it had completely covered the stage, all the while Wolf Link is immune to any attacks (invincible), so it cannot be interupted.

Once the period of time of locking onto foes ends, whether they are in the air or not, Wolf Link dashes through the air at near instant speed at all targeted foes one by one tearing through them causing 50% damage and probable KO.

As for physical attacks, they would consist mainly of claws and biting, and his side and standard specials I still am unsure of...

ssbmaster2007

Smash Journeyman
Where is the Wolf Link thread? I could've sworn I've seen some in the past, but I searched for one and never found one, this was the closest thing I saw...

Lunar6

Smash Journeyman
and as much as it pains me to say this, i wish midna/wolf link r attack trophie'd because midna was really annoying....
Maybe for a third of the game she was like that, but afterwards she was a total sweetheart. Also, unlike most of the other sidekicks, she was useful to both the gameplay and the plot. The only other one like that was the King of Red Lions (and for all outward knowledge, he died), and the only overall use he had became a tedious chore of a gameplay function. In the end, Ezlo and Tatl were the only truly annoying ones.

And unlike the other sidekicks, Midna has more potential for a moveset than Zelda or Shiek ever had, FS inculded.

As for Wolf Link. With or without Midna, AT or no AT, it's a bullcrap idea

ssbmaster2007

Smash Journeyman
And it's because of so many people feeling that way about it why he has pretty much no chance of being in it, even though The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess did so well, and is the one and only game Link's Wolf form has appeared in, still, his chances, as I've said, are minimal.

Those who are against Wolf Link being in, rest pretty much guaranteed that he will most certainly make no appearance in the game in any way, as playable, an Assist Trophy, or part of the Subspace Emissary storyline, although I wish I could say otherwise...

And about Shiek, I'm pretty sure she'll appear in Brawl in some way, possible as a playable character, but am unsure, it could just be an appearance in the Subspace Emissary, as could be the same with Ganondorf, though I do hope he'll be playable, and hopefully with a sword.

T-major

Smash Champion
why do so many people support Wolf Link? I thought people were againced that whole no-alternate-versions-of-the-same-character thing? besides, if they were going to add an alternate Link, it would be WW Link...

Midna's still not important enough to the franchise to deserve to be playable... an AT would be awesome though...

Lunar6

Smash Journeyman
why do so many people support Wolf Link? I thought people were againced that whole no-alternate-versions-of-the-same-character thing? besides, if they were going to add an alternate Link, it would be WW Link...

Midna's still not important enough to the franchise to deserve to be playable... an AT would be awesome though...
Midna's pracitcally the only sidekick character that IS important enough to be playable. Ezlo is a more insignificant character than her (and don't give me any of that, "the game he was in was named after him" bullcrap. Midna was also the eponymous subtitle of the game she was in, and frankly, had at least as much significance to the plot as Link did, and was more memorable for it).

Top Bottom