• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Link [AT] on JungleJapes - Tether Slide

Sabaca

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SABACA
3DS FC
5198-2440-0970
I was fooling around in the TrainingsMode and then i found out this amazing technique. Unfortunately i am not able to show any footage of it , but it would be great if someone of you would be able to do so.

Let's get to the AT.

When you stay within a distance of around 3 links from the edge of the middle part of JJ you can tether to the outer Platform of JJ. When you land the tether just gets cancelled. But if you try to pull yourself with the tether , right before you land , you will slide backwards over the whole stage. Since you slide by using the tether i call it tether slide
You can do anything while sliding if you pull yourself by tilting up.

Would be great if someone could record some footage of this!

EDIT: i changed it to tether slide because tether cancel doesn't fit that well and because you can say stuff like "cancelling tether by pressing down" and that would mix up everything if we call it tether cancel.

Last edited:

Sabaca

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SABACA
3DS FC
5198-2440-0970
Excactly!

I just found out that you can actually to anything while sliding. You just have to tether slide by tilting up and then you can do any move you want. Also it only works with Link. Doesn't work with Toonlink Samus or ZSS. Also it works anywhere where you got an edge in range while standing. e.g. on the right and left platforms of YI , tho you got no room to slide and the only thing you get is momentum towards the blastzone.

Last edited:

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
Nice!I upsmashed let's go dacus!Can't wait for GC controller!

Naroghin

Smash Ace
NNID
Naroghin
Awesome find! Has anyone else seen/claimed this tech? If not, I second "tether slide" as official name.

It's a beautiful thing to see techs coming out so early. Can't wait till the 21st!

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
Awesome find! Has anyone else seen/claimed this tech? If not, I second "tether slide" as official name.

It's a beautiful thing to see techs coming out so early. Can't wait till the 21st!
Same here!I am loving Link in this game.

Naroghin

Smash Ace
NNID
Naroghin
Yeah!

Has anyone tried using Utilt with this? I haven't played Sm4sh yet but if Utilt has similar backside coverage to brawl then pairing this tech with Utilt could make for a versatile option when platform pressuring or counter-approaching. May even be a viable as an approach.

FSK

Smash Ace
Yeah!

Has anyone tried using Utilt with this? I haven't played Sm4sh yet but if Utilt has similar backside coverage to brawl then pairing this tech with Utilt could make for a versatile option when platform pressuring or counter-approaching. May even be a viable as an approach.
It works with utilt.

Keep in mind this is only confirmed to work on jungle japes (its definitly not useful on YI) which will most likely not be a part of the competitive stage list. Its usefulness on JJ is even debatable.

Last edited:

Naroghin

Smash Ace
NNID
Naroghin
Not all competitive play happens at the tourneys, and if the stage is allowed then an advantage is an advantage. It may seem like a very... fringe thing to learn, but as you mained Link in Brawl yourself you well know that any tech that gives the slightest iota of advantage is to be learned. I haven't played Sm4sh yet but I can see a few applications for this. Even if nothing comes out if it, the tech practice alone is worth it.

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
I'd say this is just a random glitch rather than a useful AT, but it's cool that we can see how far the hookshot goes in the air. It's twice as long as link's normal Zair (and it looks pretty glitchy when it doesn't attach to a ledge).

N3XUS

Smash Apprentice
this looks interesting. i wonder if you can pull off a grounded up b with that slide. In theory the spin should cover you nicely as you move.

Top Bottom