• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Link as my secundary

Guilhe

Smash Ace
Ike is my current main, but for a long time I’ve used to main Link. I’ve seen that Link’s metagame has evolved and developed a lot of ATs, so I’m considering playing him again as a secondary. As some of you may know, Olimar is bad news for Ike, so I’m wondering how Link can deal with him. And please, feel free to add any other good matchups for Link or commentaries about how he is awesome; I take them all into consideration.

sasook

Smash Champion
Sounds like you're advertising the matchup guide on the Ike boards some more.....

Or the timing could just be coincidental.

EDIT: wait, misread the post. I didn't realize you wanted to know the Link vs. Oli matchup. Um....can't help ya, I never played a good Oli.

Swordplay

Smash Lord
I find olimar very easy. Unlike Ike, Links jabs shoot olimar more horizontal....even though they have less knockback.

Links jabs also kill pickmin super fast.

Jab near the edge and speed huh with a zair edgaurd for an easy win.

sasook

Smash Champion
There's a guy, L_Cancel, who plays a beastly Oli. He never throws pikmin, he grabs a lot, he's very aggressive, and his spacing is incredible. He doesn't have many recent videos of him on youtube, but there's a couple. Maybe watch him and see what he does to pick up some things you could counter against? I dunno.

P.S. - youtube name is LagCancel

4Serial

Smash Lord
I'd keep Olimar in the air, since his ground game is overwhelming.
Bombs aren't fast enough in this match up but still useful, arrows are decent, and boomerang is okay.
Arrows are really good since they can kill pikmin, they're somewhat fast, and help against ground based foes.
D-smash is really good too because it murders grounded pikmin. F-tilt is also good.
I don't think that this match up is easy, and I don't think Link has an advantage, but it could go even or 4:6 to Olimar.

Top Bottom