• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Link and Jiggs help

mffns

Smash Cadet
For link, I know exactly what to do (keep the pressure on him and stay on the aggresive), but everytime im on the edge, all my friend does is abuses his up+b and always gets me. Any help on this?

And for jiggs, i have trouble getting hits off her since the way she moves around in the air is just rediculous. And again, every time im on the ledge, all he does is charge up his roll thing (forgot the buttons for this moves) and gets me all the time. Ive try to air-needle him, but it doesnt always work. Any help on both of these characters?

Gray

Smash Journeyman
For Link, Shield the up b and chainthrow the crap out of him.
Fair Jiggz out of the rollout.

Shade_666

Smash Apprentice
For the jiggs just pick a level with platforms near the ledge like BF or DL64 and just jump off the ledge and you will land on the platform. And if he just sitting on the edge spining just do what Gray said and fair him.

Ame$

Smash Apprentice
For the jiggs just pick a level with platforms near the ledge like BF or DL64 and just jump off the ledge and you will land on the platform. And if he just sitting on the edge spining just do what Gray said and fair him.
rofl bf and dl64 are two of jiggs best stages (beside jungle japes und mute city of course).

When Jiggs recovers w/ rising pounds just wait for the pound lag and fair her .
When Jiggs does rollout just sweetsot the ledge oO
When Jiggs is WoP camping wait and grab -> fair or grab -> dash attack if he DI´s

Have a nice day .

Rob_Gambino

Smash Lord
To not get hit by the roll out grab the edge. To prevent getting hit with the up-b, perform a stall on the ledge and trick him into using it, then punish the lag.

mffns

Smash Cadet
For the jiggs problem, i am already on the ledge, and while im just hanging there, all he does a charges up and waits for me to make a move. I was thinking of air needle him, but im not sure if that would work.

And this maybe a nub question, but can you explain the "stall"?

Boolossus

Smash Ace
Drop down off the ledge when you are hanging on it, and then jump back up to it. If you're friend is on edge, he'll slip up, and spin/release rollout. Once he has done that, you can punish him. >=]

BSeeD

Smash Journeyman
Against the roll there's a good thing...
Grab the ledge, if the jiggly see ya and want to roll on the floor instead of rolling on the ledge, you just have to edgehog nair...

Shade_666

Smash Apprentice
rofl bf and dl64 are two of jiggs best stages (beside jungle japes und mute city of course).
All he asked for was help with the spining edgeguard he didn't ask for a perfect counterpick stage for her I was just throwing it out there to have platforms to ledge jump onto.

Randizzle

Smash Ace
jigg's rollout gets screwed up by needles in the ground. if jiggs hits a needle stuck in the ground, he'll pop up for an easy fair.

as mentioned, just try to use some mind games to draw out the up+b.

Ame$

Smash Apprentice
All he asked for was help with the spining edgeguard he didn't ask for a perfect counterpick stage for her I was just throwing it out there to have platforms to ledge jump onto.

if he picks Mute City the rollout edgeguard will be anoying as hell ...
he propably will get hit after every up b

Afro_Ninja

Smash Apprentice
You'd benefit greatly from some ledgehopping, when you're on the ledge just tap down, let yourself fall for a sec, then jump so that you still catch the edge without going above it. If you keep doing that it'll trick them into doing their move, so you can pop up with a fair or something and punish

try it in practice mode

Top Bottom