• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lilmister (Mr. Bolice) Link videos (take 2)

lilmister

Smash Apprentice
Ok take two of my videos :laugh:
Ok so I was told that it was safe to start this post again...hope it doesn't get closed

Finally after some sought off training and recording I've got some of my videos of my Link uploaded! These matches were sort of a way to determine who was best out of me and my friends...I won all my matches (so making me top out of the four of us). I was sort of disappointed because they tried to find a sort of reason for their losses so decided to 'not play their best', so the vids you're going to see aren't me at my best, as are they . But nonetheless here are my Link videos. I hope I've improved my game from the last time I uploaded vids. I'm open to all opinions and criticism

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arqrkcn-yB8 - vs Fox 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WUNY1IyVU0 - vs Fox 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owQo39jS844 - vs Ike 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEWs6KWxc48 - vs Ike 2 (the reason why I love the Galerang)
^Gawd these Ike matches were annoying as h**l. I had opportunities to do different things but only realized them when I was watching these vids.

I think you'll be seeing alot of unintentional BACL setups, but I don't follow them up with the jab lock.

Please critisize and throw opinions!
Enjoy!

*Thanks Anonano and ArdeS for your previous critiques!!!

*tries to close thread**fails*

:lick:

-learn jab lock, you have a play style that gives you many jab lock oportunities.
-more bombs and bomb ATs is needed
-less UpB, its a very risky move, dsmash and utilt is often better in those situations
-learn how to use the zair more defensive, Ike players will hate you if you always keep one zair lenght away, if they get through hit them away
-Since link can play spammy against both Ike and Fox he should so more spam
-at the end of the first Ike vid you make a successful grab with Ike above 180%, an uthrow would have killed him( I think), anyway Dthrow is the wrong option, it is only good when opponents are at low precentages.

its all my lazy fingers is capable of right now.

Wafflez

Smash Journeyman
I'm not one to critique much, but here's what I can advise you to do:

-Less rolldodging, I find it easier to SH everywhere I go, or run. It's a very basic habit to rolldodge back and forth.
-Up-B on the ground isn't all that good. Use it once or twice in a match, if at all. If you want to punish rolldodgers, Dsmash is your friend.
-Ledgehopping is useful, climbing back up everytime gets predictable.
-Try speeding up your style of play. As a great Link main once told me: "Link is only fast if you want him to be fast". FF your aerials and make quick, clean execution of attacks.
-Link has an entire quiver of arrows, a boomerang and a bag brimming with explosive sexiness. Spam everything at your opponents to hamper their movement, rack up some free damage, etc. Just throw everything at them but the kitchen sink. Or you know what? Huck that at them too.
-Try to avoid charging up arrows on the ground. The time it takes to do that, you could have another bomb to set up into a nice combo.
-When grabbing at low %, try doing Bthrow > DAC.

Lol, I don't see a whole lot of Red Links. You're demonstrating pretty good competence with Zair ledgeguarding and the likes. Looking forward to seeing more videos from you, you're not too bad, keep 'em coming!

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Red Links Unite! ;)

You double jump off the edge a couple of times in the Ike matches. Bad idea. Had you been fighting any faster character (and perhaps an opponent who had better edgeguarding) you would have been easily gimped.
Try to put a lot of space between yourself and Ike when you play and just spam him straight up. He can do virtually nothing to you then. Long, but really funny for you. Yes, funny indeed.

Oh and you have such better immediate dodging than me. You land and you are already dodging.

lilmister

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for all the opinions...as I said before these weren't my best videos because my friends js killed the moment for me :p

Top Bottom