• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lightning/Slow Melee?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nightblade

Smash Journeyman
I've heard two different things from two different people on advice on how to improve your advanced techniques.

1) Use Training Mode or Slow Melee. Get the muscle memory for your SHFFLs, L-cancels, and techs and then (using Training Mode) put the game speed up slightly and eventually you'll get the muscle memory right for full-speed, then you can work on working it into your gameplay.

2) Use Training Mode (1.5x or 2x speed) or Lightning Melee. By using Slow Melee, you get used to fighting faster characters (Sheik/Fox/Falco or players using lots of advanced techs to quicken their character's pace) which will improve your spacing, reflexes, wavedashes, spot-dodges, shield grabs, up-smash/up-B out of your shield.

Which is correct? One? Two? Both? Neither?

Red Exodus

Smash Master
No to both, practice at the normal speed or don't practice at all, unless you are just playing casually, if you do this to train for a tournament you will be owned due to the fact that both lightning and slow-mo melee screw up your timing.

Pariah

Smash Apprentice
If you're starting out, Slow Melee.
If you're looking for a challenge, use Lightning Melee.
I don't endorse training with them, though. I used to use Slow all the time and I decided to do a regular. Everything was way faster and I was all, "Arghness!"

Nightblade

Smash Journeyman
I figure two very quickly replies with the same answer is good enough, thanks guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom