• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Light Sheild Edge Hog?

gamefreak2006

Smash Cadet
Just wondering If samus can actually perform this edge hog on marth. I can do it with fox, falco, c falcon easily, but for some reason i just can't seem to do it with samus. I'll have the light sheild up, directionalize it back, and as marth does his up b, samus appears to fall off, but then remains in place on the stage, allowing marth to grab the ledge. Anyone else have this problem?

AS Money

Smash Lord
she dosn't fall fast enough anyway marth would grab the edge even if she falls off the stage and a smart marth will spike you after for useing such a gay technique

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
I believe any character can light-shield edge-guard a 1-hit up-B person (Marth, Luigi, and maybe a few others), some (like Samus) just have to fast-fall as soon as they fall back.

Mars-

Smash Champion
I believe that for marth you have to fast-fall. I think it works for luigi because he stalls in the air for a bit before falling. Luigis always sweetspot the edge, so it shouldn't be a worry, and if they don't it is a free edgehog.

But my honest opinion, if marth is only sweetspotting the edge, just wavedash to edge hog.

mach5

Smash Journeyman
I had this problem too, and tested it out myself, samus does not fall off the cliff at all when you do the lightshield edge hog. she does like a backflip like how you would if you shield wave dashed off, but the thing is she doesn't fall off at all. So i think this would never work unless the marth uses a UP+B very high and you can lightshield, do the backflip thing and not fall off the stage but instead have it to cancel and then strike the marth.

Top Bottom