• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Light Please lend me your help/Lights shiek vs. Overswarms MK Lexington tournament

Light_13

Smash Journeyman
So exactly what the title says. I dont nderstand this Mk and ive never played one like it. Yes this is overswarm. But I need help on what I did wrong and some criticism. Heres link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vB9Q8kGklYE :confused::(

Side note/ When im light i use falco, when im shiek my names dark for alternate controls.

I think im playing overswarm again in the midwest circuit so i need to fgure this out. (hoping for a MK ban)

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Among other things, don't spotdodge and don't DI down.

clowsui

Smash Legend
don't approach so much, throw needles to bait approaches
ftilt to usmash is a bad idea
don't hang ON the ledge so much
your platform spacing + control is bad, you need to move more efficiently
i saw that you could do dacus + you hung around the edges
if you choose to hang around those areas you NEED to do grab release -> dacus for KOs

other than that it was OS, nothing you really could've done

-Mars-

Smash Hero
A couple of times you could have avoided the tornado with a single aerial needle. Use bair a lot vs. MK, I know there is not much you can do but at least bair has a little range.

Light_13

Smash Journeyman
b-air, RAR seem to get me punished, did u ever have these problems with an MK

thanks again

I 4got to say that playing that MK rly changed the way I play brawl. I dont usually do those things but its just he had a punishing style that had me scared. And he has a grab release to dacus? wish I had known that. Im really good at grab gameing(due to the fact I also main falco) Any other criticism would be appreciated

demodemo

Smash Ace
well, nothing you could have really done, but nice try, i can tell you are good!

for tornado, try to get on top of it if you get stuck inside, and do a down air

like others said, sheik MUST bait approach with needles, she cant approach metanight, dont even think about bair, it will get shielded and metanight will grab dsmash you. yes, dsmash is the ultimate sheik punisher.

even with metaknight approaching you with like...a dash attack you are limited on options, you are best off disrupting with needles, and then following up with a grab...not much you can really do against the flurry of attacks

in the air, try uair. his dair becats your uair, but you can sometimes catch him offgaurd (really, do anything to get some damage on him). when you get him into like 70/80s, dsmash or something to transform. other then that..there isn't much you can do haha

ps. don't go to fd with metaknight, and get off edges asap.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I'll do a more in-depth critique either tonight or tomorrow.

JackieRabbit5

Smash Journeyman
good effort, yea that is one tough matchup...
feel free to ignore my suggestions but i think u could make better use of needles, and u might wanna consider transforming to Zelda though i probably wouldn't do that myself heh

clowsui

Smash Legend
btw light if you want to play OS and other cincinnati people convince KY to take a car up here for next friday
i'll play sheik dittos with you and teach you some cool trixies with her to make it worth your while

Light_13

Smash Journeyman
REALLY?!?!? ill really try i need some help with shieks approach game.

thanks again for all that helped:)

Flamingo777

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I agree, always force an approach if you can, I know MK's approach is difficult to handle, and I have to admit I am horrible vs a MK, but hang in there and needle, needle, needle :)

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
gg Flamingo, posting in 2-6 month-old threads and doing nothing but saying "YEAH SO COOL LOLZ."

demodemo

Smash Ace
yeah flamingo, please do not revive so many old threads without good reason, it is cluttering up space for the more recent threads. It is nice you are so enthusiastic, but you are being a little disruptive! x___x

Tristan_win

Not dead.
~highlights~

“And you just ftilt at zero don’t do that because it doesn’t work.”

Why are you ftilt at him, it wont work even if you hit him”

“stop ftilt at that % it doesn’t work! Well…it does work but not for a real lock.”

~highlights~

Top Bottom