• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Level of In Game IV Training

Nafix

Smash Apprentice
Just for a general idea of how the majority of to be wifi battlers, how meticulous are you guys being about getting perfect IVs. I was pretty stoked when I got an aerodactl with max attack and 27 speed. But if everyone's breeding until they get perfect IVs that means I'll have to also. So how serious are ya'll about ivs?

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
I just aim to get "good" IVs. 23+ in the stats that matter, but more if I can't make up for the losses with EVs. Like if I wanted a max speed electivire, I would keep breeding until I got both a 31 in spd, and 23+ in Atk, HP, and SDef (this thing is going to be switching into electric types a lot, which are usually special). Or if I needed to be able to hit a certain stat to survive or kill something 100% of the time, I would continue to breed until I got the stat I needed for that, too, whether it just be 24, 27, or a perfect 31. It depends a lot on both max stats and spare EVs.

edit: there's also going for a good Hidden Power on pokes, which is a complete and utter pain. I usually accept slightly lower IVs in the less essential (but still important) stats. Again, except in the case when I need to be able to hit a certain stat.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
Well... from the online battles I've done so far... All but one person has had a 31 speed IV Garchomp. My Grachomp has only outspeeded one other Garchomp, and it's Jolly, 252 speed EV, and 30 IV.

And that's the Garchomps that didnt have a speed boosting item <.< It's kinda frustrating >.> Think I'm gonna have to get a new Jolly Garchomp ._.

In the Fray

Smash Apprentice
I just aim to get "good" IVs. 23+ in the stats that matter, but more if I can't make up for the losses with EVs. Like if I wanted a max speed electivire, I would keep breeding until I got both a 31 in spd, and 23+ in Atk, HP, and SDef (this thing is going to be switching into electric types a lot, which are usually special). Or if I needed to be able to hit a certain stat to survive or kill something 100% of the time, I would continue to breed until I got the stat I needed for that, too, whether it just be 24, 27, or a perfect 31. It depends a lot on both max stats and spare EVs.

edit: there's also going for a good Hidden Power on pokes, which is a complete and utter pain. I usually accept slightly lower IVs in the less essential (but still important) stats. Again, except in the case when I need to be able to hit a certain stat.
Dude are you serious ? I knew ivs could be that high, but i never knew any to actually get them that high ? Is there any method to use for getting them that high ? Like cross breading ? i had thought only certain pokemon could make it that high... like pokemon that didnt have an evolution Snorlax, Aerodactlye, Ect.

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
Would it be beneficial to find a Ditto with perfect IVs... so breeding guarantees a perfect IV in at least 1 stat?

The only problem is finding a Ditto with perfect IVs...

I am still a little slow when it comes to IVs, and Im not sure I totally understand... does the calculator on Serebii work? Because it gives me negative IVs and IVs past 31...

Top Bottom