• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Level 9 Sonic vs Entire Menagerie

Beak

Smash Rookie
So I pitted a level 9 Sonic against the entire selection of characters (also level 9) on Final Destination with 10 stock and Sonic only won a single match, against Marth humorously enough (although Marth killed himself once, jumping off the platform right after a death and failing to reach the ledge [even though Sonic didn't touch him during the fiasco]).

Does this mean that equally skilled players will find the person playing Sonic in defeat a lot? Or are computers just poorly played with some characters.

Forgive me if this has already been posted about. Just thought it was some funny trivia for the boards.

Smash Ace
I don't think you can judge a character by the way AI performs.
If that were the case, then Ganondorf would have been God Tier in Melee.
=2007=

Beak

Smash Rookie
Yeah, I wasn't completely judging his potential by how he did controlled by AI. Just thought it was interesting.

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
Statistically, Sonic is one of the worst characters in the game.
Human error changes all that. Mindgames, Intimidation, Unpredictability.

boshi2161

Smash Rookie
NPC's will never be able to use Sonic unpredicbly enough to make him a good character, it's up to humans to prove sonic's worth. And an unfortunate thing about fighting computer's with sonic is you cant aggrivate them with taunt right.

"Your to slow!"

Enkidu

Smash Cadet
You've just stepped into the realm of April Fools. Beyond which is a portal to another dimension. A dimension of sight. A dimension of ...landmaster.

volbound1700

Smash Master
I don't think you can judge a character by the way AI performs.
If that were the case, then Ganondorf would have been God Tier in Melee.
=2007=

Agreed... although AI Ganondorf in Brawl is not as good.

I do a Smash League on my own where I agree to "coach" certain characters.

All characters are in the league and the league even has conferences.

You play a regular season of 11-13 games and play everyone in the Conference.

Then there is a 16 team tournament at the end. Seeds are decided by my rankings usually based on wins, quality of wins, strength of schedule, etc. (It is very much similar to College Sports and I am a big College Sports fan so this explains it). Ones I don't coach I watch them battle in AI match.

My Conference right now are (They change)

Mushroom Kingdom Conference
Mario
Dr. Mario (Had to keep him from Melee he had 11 Final Fours and 3 Championships so he is a Mario alt costume)
Yoshi
Bowser
Peach
Luigi
Wario
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong

Hyrule Conference
Link
Ganondorf
Zelda
Y. Link (Toon Link)
Marth
Pit
Ike
Ice Climbers

Space Conference
Fox
Falco
Wolf
Captain Falcon
Olimer
Samus
ROB
Ness
Lucas

Pokemon Conference
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Squirtle
Charizard
Ivysaur
Lucario

Dreamland Conferece (they play each team twice instead of once like the others)
Kirby
Mr. Game & Watch
King DeDeDe
Metaknight

Independents (not in Conference)
Sonic
Snake

So I get to see every characters AI. Falco and Ganon where dominate in Melee, in this one it seems that Snake, the Pokemon, and GW are all real good. Wolf is good as an AI.

Sonic was the worse AI going 0-11 in my first season as him, I took over to coach him in season 2 and went all the way to Championship game before losing to another team I was playing as (Fox).

In Sonic's third season, I led him to 9-2 record and number 1 seed but he lost in second round to Pokemon Conference Champion and 8 seeded Ivysaur.

DDM

Smash Journeyman
Agreed... although AI Ganondorf in Brawl is not as good.

I do a Smash League on my own where I agree to "coach" certain characters.

All characters are in the league and the league even has conferences.

You play a regular season of 11-13 games and play everyone in the Conference.

Then there is a 16 team tournament at the end. Seeds are decided by my rankings usually based on wins, quality of wins, strength of schedule, etc. (It is very much similar to College Sports and I am a big College Sports fan so this explains it). Ones I don't coach I watch them battle in AI match.

My Conference right now are (They change)

Mushroom Kingdom Conference
Mario
Dr. Mario (Had to keep him from Melee he had 11 Final Fours and 3 Championships so he is a Mario alt costume)
Yoshi
Bowser
Peach
Luigi
Wario
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong

Hyrule Conference
Link
Ganondorf
Zelda
Y. Link (Toon Link)
Marth
Pit
Ike
Ice Climbers

Space Conference
Fox
Falco
Wolf
Captain Falcon
Olimer
Samus
ROB
Ness
Lucas

Pokemon Conference
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Squirtle
Charizard
Ivysaur
Lucario

Dreamland Conferece (they play each team twice instead of once like the others)
Kirby
Mr. Game & Watch
King DeDeDe
Metaknight

Independents (not in Conference)
Sonic
Snake

So I get to see every characters AI. Falco and Ganon where dominate in Melee, in this one it seems that Snake, the Pokemon, and GW are all real good. Wolf is good as an AI.

Sonic was the worse AI going 0-11 in my first season as him, I took over to coach him in season 2 and went all the way to Championship game before losing to another team I was playing as (Fox).

In Sonic's third season, I led him to 9-2 record and number 1 seed but he lost in second round to Pokemon Conference Champion and 8 seeded Ivysaur.
That's a pretty interesting concept. I set mine up like pro wrestling, where there are a handful of championship "belts" (World, Intercontinental, U.S., Hardcore, Cruiserweight, and Tag Team), and everyone competes against each other. The only characters not eligible are Pokemon Trainer and Ice Climbers. I play only as Sonic and everyone else is Lv. 9 AI. Sonic is the current Intercontinental Champion, having lost the title to Bowser and regaining it. The best AI's so far seem to be Wario (who keeps successfully defending the World title) and Marth (a pretty nasty Hardcore Champion).

volbound1700

Smash Master
Yeah mine is more like a March Madness or College Football Season. I keep up with Final Fours, Conference Championships, and Overall Championships for the characters so that is every characters goal at the beginning of season, win Conference and get to the Final Four.

The tournament is set up like a 16 bracket tournament

Obviously the winner of the 1 v. 16 will play winner of 8 v. 9. The first two games (round of 16 and elite 8) are at the home stadium of the higher seed (always higher seed so if upsets it is the higher seed of upsetee). BTW every character has a home court in my league. In melee some had to share such as Roy and Young Link but not in Brawl.

The final four and championship game are either done at battlefield (which is no one's home court) or final destination (same as bfield).

I also do a preseason regular season tournament where the final four in that is played at battlefield, difference in preseason though is losers still keep playing (there is loser bracket). It is loosely based off the NIT in college basketball.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Most dominant program is Link with 27 final fours and 10 championships. (this includes Melee, I did something of 40 seasons between 3 years of my life (only took really an hour and a half to do a season) and 3 seasons so far of Brawl (brawl is a little longer now since more characters, tournament is a lot harder to make now as well).

Kirby is second with 23 final fours and 6 championships.

Top Bottom