• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Letter to a dead love

DELTA

Smash Cadet
My love.

It´s been almost a year since I last saw you, it´s been a year since I last kissed you. Wherer are you? Are you still hanging out with that new boyfriend you told me about? Why haven´t you called? I just want to know....

My love.

I miss you, I´m sorry for all the trouble I´ve caused you, but I want you to understand: I´m sorry, I did what I did, becuase I was a fool back then. Sorry, please forgive, I don´t want to loose you again, like I did when we were young. Time passes by, mom asks me: When will I have a new love? . I tell her thata I already have a new love.... That love, is you. Mom just starts laughing at me and tells me that perhaps it´s because I´m not ready yet, that Ishould wait a litttle longer, until I meet a new someone in my life.

Each day I go out to walk by the same places we used to. The other day I went to that lonely school, where we first met. It was all gray, ruined, dark, however, it was as if I could go back in time and see through my own eyes those days of old again. I remembered you. I remembered the first time I saw you, walking down the stairs. You were so beautiful, you seemed like a ray of hope to me just as I saw you smiling.

Things have turned out bad to me. My friend says that I should forget you once and for all, that I should search for love somewhere else. I don´t know, it seems so unreal to me, the fact that you wouldn´t love me anymore.

That´s why I wirte this letter to you. To tell you, that since you went away I haven´t slept, I haven´t eaten, I haven´t Lived. Becuase I love you, because I promised to love you until I died, becuase I can´t forget the feeling of making love to you, becuase I think of your smile, of your lips, of your wonderful breast and I just know I can´t let it go. I cannot expect to find a new hope for me. I tried to forget you, I couldn´t, instead, I got abandoned by my old firends, I tried to find a new love, I couldn´t, Instead I got rejected and kicked out of my house. I tried to recover you, Instead I got hit by your so called "boyfriend". Where I lost a limb, due to his knife filled with revenge. I tried to avenge you, instead, I killed my own father, set firo on schools.

Nothing could make me forget you, no one could understand the pain that cuases me to remember you.No one knows what it feels like when the love of your life yells the words "I hate you" . No one knows how it feels like when the love of your life burries deep, beneath the ground the words "I love you".

That´s why I did ti, that´s why I´m writting, that´s when I decided I should forget you. I took a knife, I placed it in front of my heart, I took a photograph where you and I were kissing, and finally I decided to end up with the regret of a past life, where now you became just a memory, not a reality. I whispered the words "I love you" and with tears rolling down my face, I did it, I died.

I woke up, I wasn´t dead, I was surrounded by men in white coats, where they told me this isolation was for my own good. I did not quite understrand: Why they thought I was crazy, but, nothing mattered to me anymore, I just wanted to die in peace, the days passed and the final hour came, doctors all over the mental institute just came along and went away. I was so wounded in my heart, I was so lost and desperate that all I could understand form them was the words: "Soon it´ll be over" . Days passed and passed by, when the final day arrived. It was a gray day, a cloudy day, April 18th, just like the exact same day we first kissed down the rain.

They placed me on a chair, they tightened me all around my neck, arms and legs, they placed a helmet ovwer my head, I didn´t care, All I cared about, was the fact that this pain of not having you, this wounds of hearing you say "I hate you" were soon to come to an end.

And then, finally, I just heard the words "Switch down¡". Suddenly pain, electricity, shivers, fire, fear, all at the same time surrounded me and embraced me, just as my last tear rolled down by my heart, I just looked up an then I saw it, were we first kissed and suddenly, all this pain, all this emotions, all began to fade away, just as I saw us, as if I were watching a movie, we were infront of me, right across the street qhere we first kissed, there weas a gray and cloudy sky, from somewhere, aour favorite song was heard all around the street, rain made our clothes wet, but we didn´t care, we were there, right across the street, beneath the sky, over my lost and wounded heart. Kissing each other, just like the first time we kissed

Suddenly, it all began to fade away, but this time I wasn´t afraid or desperate, this time it was O.K. , because I knew that my time was almost done, I was going to a place where we could love each other forever, just as we promised the first time we kissed. We were going to a place where pain didn´t exist. No matter where we were going, we were going together.In a place we can call home, a place where three simple words mean everything and nothing at the same time. The words of love, the words: I Love you.

AceMoney

Smash Apprentice
So....they killed you in the insane assylum?

Anyways, I was both enthralled and confused at this piece of pseudo-literature. I say pseudo for reasons which I will soon explain later. Anyways, all kinds of emotions are present throughout this work. Love, lust, anger, hate, revenge...you name it and it's there. I was unsure whether this was a young boy's wet dream at the beginning or a mad man's final words at the end. It sent my brain for a loop as to what exactly was real and what wasn't. Which I assume is what you were going for. Good job on that.

I say pseudo-literature because of all of the typos and bad grammar that make your almost perfect work begin to corode from the inside out. If you go back and fix this grammatical faux-pas and polish up certain parts a bit. This could be both a real heart warming neck breaker. Or in other words, both feel good and depressing piece of work which is really good to read in our times.

Akebo

Smash Apprentice
It was good. Kind of dark, but all "love letters to dead people" are. I did see some grammatical errors in here.

Top Bottom