• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Let's talk about ending lag on powerful moves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crawfish

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3540-1393-8146
Warning Received
Sakurai: "What ending lag?" :troll:

seriously though, is punishing really multishine difficulty in this game? is it even, like, a thing in this game? why do powerful moves have such low ending lag?

is it just me? do i just need to git gud? what do you guys think?

ChronoPenguin

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4253-4494-4458
Plenty of moves have lag, but not all moves have the start-up to punish in time
Part of what makes Rosalina beast is her fast start-up.

Last edited:

Spirst

I don't feel like this is too much of an issue. Start-up lag is more annoying for me than ending lag. What examples of moves did you have in mind exactly?

Weavile's Wrath

Smash Apprentice
A lot of the "worse" characters like Megaman and Palutena seem to have bad endlag on their smashes. In addition it's more dangerous to try something like shorthop->FAir with Falcon because of the landing lag; basically, quite a few of the more powerful aerials have major landing lag(basically end lag when shorthopped)

Crawfish

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3540-1393-8146
dedede's fsmash made me make this thread. and all of yoshi's down b is a monstrosity
yoshi's body hits, the stars hit, and on top of all that it has like 3 frames of lag. T.T

greninja's up smash. you can cancel the animation, look at it, he's suppossed to put away his water swords but you can just skip that.
lucario's fsmash kinda

but the main problems are things like yoshi's down b^^^^ and dedede's fsmash, the damn thing DOESN'T EVEN HAVE TO TOUCH YOU and it still has low lag.

it's also kind of insulting when my main can't cancel ANYTHING, and has laggy moves all around. it makes me :crying:
it might be the 3ds making me feel like i can't punish as easily because of the controls. i'm ready to get better and deal with whatever challenges the game presents me with, but i just felt like complaining about it and getting other people's opinions.

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Try the respective character boards to ask about those moves. Otherwise you'll need to work on a much better thesis to discuss things, this topic isn't even competitively minded from my perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom