• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Let's Clear Some Of This "Leak" Crap Up

Novus

Smash Apprentice
1) The starting roster vid in no way confirms the 35 character thing. I don't know why people have this idea, but its not true. The reason that the 35 character thing may come to fruition is because Lucario is confirmed and Mewtwo is not. Get your facts straight before trying to debunk anything.

2) There are no errors in the roster vid. Stop looking for them. The only thing that people cite that could be true, is the different announcer, but even then, if you ask me, it DOES sound like the new announcer.

3) There is no reason to be so **** afraid. Suppose the video of the starting roster is real. That in no way means that we will have 35 characters, and even if we did, my next point is an important one:

4) We don't know the 35 characters. The whole reason this thing started, which a lot of people seem to be oblivious to, is because someone "predicted" that Mewtwo was out, and Lucario was in. They also said there would be 35 characters.

THIS PERSON NEVER GAVE A ROSTER LIST.

Even if their leak was real, which seems very probable by now, the leak never included a roster list. The first person to even mention R.O.B. and be taken seriously, was ShadowXOR, and it was on GameFAQs. I was there. I saw the post. I didn't even take it with a grain of salt, because it seemed less informative than even most fake leaks, which are very common on GF.

So people, STFU and wait. Basically.

Zenigame

Smash Apprentice
1) The starting roster vid in no way confirms the 35 character thing. I don't know why people have this idea, but its not true. The reason that the 35 character thing may come to fruition is because Lucario is confirmed and Mewtwo is not. Get your facts straight before trying to debunk anything.
Irony!

The video confirms the exact order that the characters appear on screen, which was predicted before hand by one of the *many* users who corroborated the 35 character roster, which was also confirmed by 2 reliable members and a mod on neogaf. Try and get YOUR facts straight next time.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Irony!

The video confirms the exact order that the characters appear on screen, which was predicted before hand by one of the *many* users who corroborated the 35 character roster.
This.

Finnaly I can not beleive the amount of threads trying to debunk the video when it berly has anything to do with 35.
Agreed, there are too many threads on this, and no point in speculation, you won't find out until next week either way.

I think the vid is fake, but I don't think this is the place to discuss it in depth, and I've already given my views on this 1,000,000 times in the past 2 days. :urg:

SAMaine

Smash Journeyman
Irony!

The video confirms the exact order that the characters appear on screen, which was predicted before hand by one of the *many* users who corroborated the 35 character roster, which was also confirmed by 2 reliable members and a mod on neogaf. Try and get YOUR facts straight next time.
The predicted placement of the roster was COMPLETELY WRONG compared to both the starting character video and the mock-up of this supposed final roster.

Zinfandel

Smash Journeyman
The predicted placement of the roster was COMPLETELY WRONG compared to both the starting character video and the mock-up of this supposed final roster.
To quote a lolcat: "I'm confus."

I thought the idea was that PoR's list only contained chars that were not on the Dojo. Then, when the tv img/youtube clip came it was so that if you put in the characters on PoR's list everything slid neatly into franchise columns, suggesting that the mock-up on the TV (because it it a mock-up, right?) got something right for some reason. Or is up down, short long and lions sheep sleep next to each other?

Okay. Okay. who said what, and where? That is, did any of the leakers that are congruent with confirmed information give a roster list that, when placed in order into the 21-starting roster (the one on the TV, right, and in the nine-second clip, right?) slid neatly into columns. When did they list this?

In short, the roster that made neat columns - what is it based on? cuz, that TV img/youtube clip could have been made by anyone - does it get the credibility from PoR's list creating columns when you put them in according to.... What? I am so confused now.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
No it wasn't it was identical to it <_<.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
character order dosnt mean anything. plus, its not even the exact order. it just so happens he got a lucky guess. the starting roster vid is real. now for the rest of all infomration, allow me to vent some steam...

ITS ALL FAKE!@!@&!GO@LOI!GLIBG@#LIG@!:!!@@:N FAKE FAKE FAKE!!BHLI!UBL:!B

no one that is leaking info has the game or knows anyuthing about it besides this one japanese dude who released the starting roster vid, which he said should be giving more info TODAY OR TOMORROW. just wait a LITTLE bit longer.

Zinfandel

Smash Journeyman
Okay, wait - did we get a list that created columns, or did we get a list that created columns once you put it in the 21-roster img/youtube video?

Why is this list that created columns so significant?

sfox8

Smash Journeyman
Can someone post the link to the video because I have no idea what you're talking about.

CapnJack

Smash Cadet
Get your facts straight before telling everyone else to get their facts straight. The reason this whole theory was taken so seriously is that the 35-character roster MOCK UP was put on the web before the alleged starting roster was leaked. The mock-up roster FIXES the starting roster. It makes everything aligned vertically by series. THAT'S why showing that the starting roster is a fake seriously ruins the credibility of the mock up.

2) There are no errors in the roster vid. Stop looking for them. The only thing that people cite that could be true, is the different announcer, but even then, if you ask me, it DOES sound like the new announcer.
If you ask me, there's a clear difference.

4) We don't know the 35 characters. The whole reason this thing started, which a lot of people seem to be oblivious to, is because someone "predicted" that Mewtwo was out, and Lucario was in. They also said there would be 35 characters.
The whole reason this thing started is because ShortFuse perpetuated a mock up roster that a few leakers with a reputation of some correct predictions backed the roster.

So people, STFU and wait. Basically.
I completely agree! People are worrying too much about something not proven at all! The starting roster has a big chance of being real, the mock up roster has a big chance of being fake. That's nothing to get hyped up about.

sfox8

Smash Journeyman
Can someone post a link to the video? Because I have no idea what's going on here...

SJAK47

Smash Journeyman

Can't you guys just... wait till the game comes out and stop worrying and overspeculating? It's almost silly that a single game is causing so much havoc.

Drik Khaail

Smash Ace
the 35 char. leak is only a theory put together of other promising leaks. either way, the only point everyone is trying to debunk it is because they're mad that it A) doesn't have enough or B) doesn't have the character they want. I honestly think it could be possible, though it is slightly disappointing. but Ness's tumoresque head makes that allright :D

BKBroiler

Smash Cadet
The announcer is from Melee. However, this might make sense if it was classic mode.

MonkeyKHI

Smash Rookie
The best thing is, everyone in this thread is wrong. People at Smashboards are hilarious.

D

Deleted member

1)Even if their leak was real, which seems very probable by now, the leak never included a roster list. The first person to even mention R.O.B. and be taken seriously, was ShadowXOR, and it was on GameFAQs. I was there. I saw the post. I didn't even take it with a grain of salt, because it seemed less informative than even most fake leaks, which are very common on GF.
Actually I posted it here first, and on GameFAQs later. I also provided more real inside info on how things worked with Brawl at NoA while others didn't even touch on the subject. If you think I was less informative than most people you're just plain ignorant.

Would you liked me to have made up a full roster of fake people that you hoped were in to get your hopes up? Well tough **** Sherlock, I just gave out the info that I knew (four characters) and there's not reason for you to post a stupid thread like this.

Top Bottom