• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lethal League (Coming To Steam Q3 2014)

Iguana

Smash Cadet

Lethal League is an upcoming "competitive projectile fighting game" currently being developed by Reptile Games. The idea of this game is to hit your opponent with a baseball. As each player hits the ball its speed increments, and that's when the game gets insanely hype and ridiculous. If you watched the Mystery Game Tournament at UFGT9, you might already know this game (originally a 1 on 1 Flash game, you can play it here if you want to see what it's like). It received a lot of praise, so much that they decided to do a full standalone game. Now it will have more characters, special abilities for each one, 4-player mode and online multiplayer with GGPO. Not to mention the awesome chip hop music. It will be coming to Steam in Q3 2014.

You can see more info on their website: http://lethalleague.reptile-games.com/

I fell in love with this game instantly when I saw it at UFGT9, and I was ecstatic when Reptile Games announced the standalone version last year. This is definitely one of the most anticipated games this year for me (after Smash 4 of course).

jotun

Smash Ace
I can't believe this topic got no attention here! This game is sick

Official Steam release date is now August 27

Lethal League is a competitive projectile fighting game where you have to hit an anti-gravity ball into the face of your opponent to win. The ball speeds up with every strike, up to explosively extreme velocities.

From the mad Candyman to the cyborg crocodile Latch, every character has their own style and abilities.

Play locally with friends, by yourself in the challenge mode or battle it out online.

-Highly competitive gameplay.
-High performance online GGPO multiplayer.
-Up to 4 players.
-Mad art.
-Banging beats by various artists.
-No weak ****.

Newest trailer:

Interview+gameplay from EVO:

Original game at the mystery game tournament at UFGT9 (extreme hype warning)

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I first heard about it from Team Four Star, when they announced that their Takahata101 (Abridged Nappa, Bardock, Dende, and Alucard, among others) would be doing the voice acting for one of the characters, Raptor.

I'm looking forward to it. Hopefully it will shake up the formula a bit. In a good way.

Last edited:

jotun

Smash Ace
It's out now!

Online play is good

The character differences are more subtle than I expected, in a good way

Top Bottom