• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Let us swap custom moves at character select.

CrimsonAvenger

Smash Rookie
So imagine this scenario...

I invite 7 friends over to play 8 player Smash on the new Smash Bros for Wii U.
We play 1 or 2 rounds to warm up and then I tell them this,
" Guess what, I just spent the last few days unlocking every custom move for every character"
" So everyone can customize their characters' movesets!"
" Wow that's great!" My friends say.
"How do we do that?"
"Well," I say. "First we back out to the menu screen. Then, we open the customization menu. After that, we each take our turn selecting a charcter, change some of the moves, and then save that character. It should take about 10 minutes for us all to finish."
"Oh..." they say.
"Then we jump back into 8 player smash and we each select the saved characters we created."
"So, after that how do we change the moves if we dont like them?"
"We just go back and repeat the whole process over again!"
"Uh huh...Let's just skip the custom moves."

Nintendo needs to allow players to change custom moves from character select screen. Forcing players to go through the customization screen takes way too long.
As it is, Nintendo wont let you play online "with anyone" using custom moves.
And here they make it too annoying to play locally with your friends.
Nintendo is almost Forcing us to not use custom moves.

Please Nintendo, patch this functionality in.
In the select screen, let players quickly switch between moves 1, 2, and 3 for each of their special attacks.

I really hope Nintendo reads this.
Anyone who agrees please make sure to add your voice here!

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
The 3DS was ingenious for this feature, I don't see why a similar, albeit slimmed down version couldn't be used. Something like having brief descriptions of the moves (images not needed) and being able to save sets to your name would be great.

And what happened to saving my preset colors? I miss it!

Ganreizu

Smash Ace
"Nintendo is almost Forcing us to not use custom moves."

Hahahaha no.

How many people care about how easy it is to select custom moves with EIGHT PEOPLE compared to how easy it is to select custom moves with two? A lot less.

Regardless, it should be the same as the 3DS.

Last edited:

Hyruleslink

Smash Journeyman
It's fine the way it is. I'm just glad I can import all the moves from 3DS without having to unlock them again.

Whiteface

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRealWhiteface
While you're at it. Please tell me if there's an easier way to unlock custom moves besides Classic mode. Jeez, it seems so random and tedious.

LordVacation

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SpaceVacation
It's not like you have to go down town every time you make a custom fighter, dude--
it's just a few menus away...
Pretty sure Nintendo isn't forcing you to not use customs, lmfao.

spader13

Smash Journeyman
While you're at it. Please tell me if there's an easier way to unlock custom moves besides Classic mode. Jeez, it seems so random and tedious.
I've only played Classic once, but they did seem less common. I played on 6.0 with Kirby, and I got one custom move for Sheik and lots of custom parts. Of course, my sample size is pretty low to be making that assumption for Wii U, but I'd say I averaged a minimum of 2 on the 3DS, usually getting 3 and very rarely getting just 1 or 4+. The addition of tickets to the roulette might have something to do with the lower yield on them.

Whiteface

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRealWhiteface
I've only played Classic once, but they did seem less common. I played on 6.0 with Kirby, and I got one custom move for Sheik and lots of custom parts. Of course, my sample size is pretty low to be making that assumption for Wii U, but I'd say I averaged a minimum of 2 on the 3DS, usually getting 3 and very rarely getting just 1 or 4+. The addition of tickets to the roulette might have something to do with the lower yield on them.
Well.. I just spend some time in all star mode which has the bags as pickups after you clear a level. So I'm gonna try that for a while to see how it plays out.
I don't know yet if it is character specific though.

Top Bottom