• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Let the robot deal with this! RoboPup for Smash!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
images-5.jpeg

Well, we obviously can't have a realistic newborn puppy fighting against Captain Falcon and having to take a Zero Laser to the everything, so if we're gonna have a Nintendogs rep, why not go with RoboPup? He's a robot, so he's definitely more durable, and much less heartbreaking to have to face, and he can do anything other Nintendogs do, and could even have moves inspired by general robot and technological combat (Like a Power Paw that parodies Iron Man! :p). Plus, they are SOO adorable! :)

Not exactly that big of a supporter, but that's what I would prefer of a Nintendogs fighter.

ROBOPUP'S INFERIOR HUMAN SLAVES: StaffofSmashing, chronomantic

StaffofSmashing's (ridiculous) moveset below!

StaffofSmashing's Ridiculous Set!
Down B: Dog Food

Dog Food is used to power up RoboPup so he can battle on. He starts off with 50% Dog Food, and will go down every few hits. When the dog food reaches 0%, RoboPup shuts down and he can't do anything until someone takes him out. This move is that important.
Magically, Dog Food appears and RoboPup chomps down on it. about 1-3 pellets will appear and RoboPup will gain 10% Dog Food for each pellet he eats. Don't worry, it only takes a half a second per pellet.

B: Howl
Getting your dog to howl in the game is a feat because unless you are a master whistler, your screwed. And I can't whistle.
A faint whistle is heard in the background, and RoboPup will charge a howl in his mouth. On releasing B, RoboPup will slowly howl. This will do 1% per .1 of the 2 second period. While this is not exactly a good KO move, it is a significant racking move.
Side B: Play with Vase
The RoboPup's Play w/ Vase is a generic projectile with that funny little niche to it. RoboPup barks at its invisible trainer, and out of Atlantis, A vase appears in front of RoboPup. Robopup then thrusts it with both paws, causing it to go 3 Stagebuilder blocks and will break on impact. It does 12% with high knockback. While this is an effective projectile, any, and I mean ANY attack will break it.
Up B: Rebuild
This move is the biggest high risk-high reward move ever.

RoboPup falls apart. Don't worry. He comes back. After a second, he will rebuild in the direction you smash in that time frame. Now, the attack won't do any damage, but it runs on the one thing RoboPup hates most: Dog Food. The move will go farther the LESS Dog Food. From 1 Bowser away to 5 blocks away. Like I said, High risk high reward

Last edited:

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
Plus, if you check out screenshots and gameplay videos, you'll see that he has a wide variety of color swap potential. No one even knows how many colors they come in! ...Either that or no one's bothered to check. :/

chronomantic

Smash Ace
You know what? why not. Nintendogs is huge, maybe it's time for a rep (with an aesthetic redesign definitely).
I'd take a playable robodog than the annoying AT dog blocking my screen any time.

StaffofSmashing

Smash Lord
NNID
Lolu83
3DS FC
1590-5734-6768
Well, It's time for...

StaffofSmashing's Ridiculous Set!

Down B: Dog Food

Dog Food is used to power up RoboPup so he can battle on. He starts off with 50% Dog Food, and will go down every few hits. When the dog food reaches 0%, RoboPup shuts down and he can't do anything until someone takes him out. This move is that important.
Magically, Dog Food appears and RoboPup chomps down on it. about 1-3 pellets will appear and RoboPup will gain 10% Dog Food for each pellet he eats. Don't worry, it only takes a half a second per pellet.

B: Howl

Getting your dog to howl in the game is a feat because unless you are a master whistler, your screwed. And I can't whistle.
A faint whistle is heard in the background, and RoboPup will charge a howl in his mouth. On releasing B, RoboPup will slowly howl. This will do 1% per .1 of the 2 second period. While this is not exactly a good KO move, it is a significant racking move.

Side B: Play with Vase

The RoboPup's Play w/ Vase is a generic projectile with that funny little niche to it. RoboPup barks at its invisible trainer, and out of Atlantis, A vase appears in front of RoboPup. Robopup then thrusts it with both paws, causing it to go 3 Stagebuilder blocks and will break on impact. It does 12% with high knockback. While this is an effective projectile, any, and I mean ANY attack will break it.

Up B: Rebuild

This move is the biggest high risk-high reward move ever.

RoboPup falls apart. Don't worry. He comes back. After a second, he will rebuild in the direction you smash in that time frame. Now, the attack won't do any damage, but it runs on the one thing RoboPup hates most: Dog Food. The move will go farther the LESS Dog Food. From 1 Bowser away to 5 blocks away. Like I said, High risk high reward

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
While RoboPup is still a great choice, they can always tone down Nintendog by making the "owner" (Who appears as but a single hand) protect the dog by meat shielding him, and flinch, but the puppy's just fine, and turning the hitstun launch into the owner dragging a stylus across the screen, which the dog chases, being led into safety, as was said on the Nintendog support thread. RoboPup could still make a unique 2nd character possibly entirely based off of robot abilities ("Missile racks, GO!!" Psheeeeww, BOOM!). The original organic pups are definitely more iconic, but RoboPup still deserves a slot for being a really unique character unlike any other in the first-second party Nintendoverse. Also, RoboPup X Rush for POTD.

oGr33n

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3050-7615-9118
If Sakurai and co. are able to pull this off, their needn't be anymore more newcomer analysis thread.

Any nintendo character with some relevance to any game can make it, seriously...

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
If Sakurai and co. are able to pull this off, their needn't be anymore more newcomer analysis thread.

Any nintendo character with some relevance to any game can make it, seriously...
StaffofSmashing already pulled it off!

Let's add his move set to the OP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom