• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Let the Battles Begin! - Cloud Matchup Thread

Mini_Mac

Smash Apprentice
NNID
G_Czech
How does :4mario: :4mewtwo:, :4lucas:, :4duckhunt: and :rosalina: fair against :4cloud:
:4mario: is not the best MU but also not the worst MU. The challenge here is that strategic Mario players almost always try and force an approach using fireballs rendering it more difficult to manually charge Limit so just keep that in mind.
:4mewtwo:is a pretty safe MU. If you have a strategy for racking up damage on him, getting a KO shouldn't be too hard since he is very light and easy to launch far. Like all characters going up against Mewtwo, just be carful when you're up in his face. He usually tries to brush off pressure with N-airs.
:4lucas:can heal off of Cloud's N-speical so don't spam it (I almost never use it other than in situations where he may not see it coming). Stay centered as much as possible on stage. Lucus has pretty devistating edge-guard potential considering his D-smash is a great tool for landing more consistent 2-frame punishes and it is even worse for Cloud since he has no ledge sweet spot. Create situations for him to go for a grab and then punish accordingly.
:4duckhunt: is not too hard. He needs to camp in order to have any sort of effective play so do the same and charge your Limit and if he tries to approach, go into defensive mode (against frisbees, shooters, and cans). Once you get him in the air, pay attention to his movement so you can maintain stage control. His recovery is also slow and predictable so use that to your advantage. Just watch out for frisbees when he is trying to land. Duck Hunt players love to throw those things out as they are trying to land in order to avoid more juggling.
Finally, :rosalina: in my opinion is by far the toughest MU out of them all for :4cloud:. Try your best to get rid of Luma first if you can. Like :4lucas:, try and stay centered and play patiently. If she tries to use Luma as an approach, get that pest out of your sight and play on the defensive in case Rosalina tries to punish with an attack or a grab during the cool down of whatever you use to get rid of Luma. Camp on the edge, charge your Limit meter, and keep it. DO NOT use your limit meter for anything else other than recovery. Rosalina is very light and easy to KO similar to Mewtwo so there is no reason to use your Limit on anything else other than recovery. Rosa's edge guarding against Cloud is very dangerous so for that reason, keep your Limit for recovery usage.

Last edited:

MudkipUniverse

Smash Ace
NNID
VolcanicAsh
[picture redacted]
My opinion on cloud matchups, i made this in a few minutes. I know a lot of u will probably disagree with me putting bayo at even, but both on paper & in top level play, it's not bad for cloud.

Cloud: While cloud presents a lot of opportunities for witch time & has a very unfun time offstage, he controls the pace of the match. Bayonetta isn't necessarily known for her ability to approach, so this makes Limit pretty broken in this matchup, making the bayonetta player choose from letting cloud get limit or trying to approach. Cloud also juggles bayo pretty well, and kills her super early due to constant access to LCS, and dash attack being a great punish tool. Ledge planking is pretty **** vs cloud as well. Bayo has a few more things in this MU that i could talk about but i don't have the timer at the moment.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

RadiantHero

Smash Rookie
NNID
disswunpinoy7
3DS FC
2724-1749-4105
Any advice on winning the ditto? for some reason the ditto is my toughest matchup and i hate it. Any other advice besides watching footage of Mkleo beating Tweek/Komo in the Cloud :4cloud2:ditto?

Also any advice on beating :4marth:using Cloud? :4cloud2: I think its a even matchup but really good Marth:4marth: and sometimes Lucinas kick my ass.:4lucina: Any advice on approaching the Marcina :4marth::4lucina: matchup when using
:4cloud2:cloud?

Thanks guys

D

Deleted member

I personally think Cloud's strongest match - ups are :4wiifit:,:4littlemac:,:4ganondorf:,:4dedede:, and :4pacman:( easily between 2.6 - 3.0 ). Especially Wii Fit Trainer.

For his worst match up it is probably :4sheik:. Sheik can easily gimp an offstage Cloud ( unless Cloud charges his Limit ) or even camp him if possible.

The Cloud Match Up is actually improving when it comes to Bayonetta and Cloud and Bayonetta could be even in the future.

Smash Four Match Up List: https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/6y4nu5/comprehensive_matchup_chart_for_all_characters/

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom