• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legit or not?

MattTheGameFreak

Smash Apprentice
Some people say its legit, others say its not. This is an alternate Brawl intro that appeared last night but we have many saying it is legit and many that say its not. Both without definite proof, of course. However, I think the loading part makes it more believable.

What are your thoughts?

I thought warn you, its an alternate version to the Super Smash Bros. Brawl intro. Not just the one that adds in all the missing characters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLZjO7IMK1Y&feature=related

Brentos4o8

Smash Ace
I believe I saw someone call this the "you truly unlocked everything" intro.
It's kinda like Mario Kart 64 where you unlock or beat Mirror mode and you get a new intro screen.
I'm guess it's like that.

Libomasus

Smash Journeyman
I almost thought it was fake due to the Melee music, but when I realized its a different arrangement it seemed pretty believable. Too bad I'm nowhere close to unlocking everything.

Seems believable to me, unless that arrangement is somewhere else in the game. Even then though, still looks pretty legit.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If you view :35 it has ALL the characters...that part doesn't looks like it could have been edited...

The REAL intro doesn't have ALL the characters to my knowledge

Nuvia

Smash Ace
How could anyone think this is actually real?

It's not bad by itself though.

Beauregard

Smash Cadet
the real intro adds the characters you have unlocked into the scroll screen of the characters.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
How could anyone fall for this? Notice how the original intro is Full Screen while all of the SSE cutscenes are Widescreen. When they cut in the portion of the original intro, it's still in Wide Screen while everything else is in Full Screen.

Obviously fake.

The remix of the SSBM-intro is available as a BGM for one of the stages (FD?). They just used that.

Moldy Clay

Smash Journeyman
NNID
frothyjazz54
3DS FC
3050-8737-8491
The real alternate intro just has all of the characters lined up in the first scene, instead of the loop from the first time.

That's the only difference though.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Another good reason for a fake: Why would they substitute an intro that consists of specifically made FMV scenes for the intro with a bunch of scenes from the SSE which you can view in the SSE?

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
They could make a remix.
Have you read any of the post debunking this (including mine)? Different aspect ratios (the original opening is Full Screen, the "Secret" one is Widescreen (as the FMVs in SSE are Widescreen). They did a bad cut and past job, so the scrolling scene is in Full Screen while the rest is in Widescreen), different qualify on the videos, badly cut (even worse than the original) and using one of the alternate BGMs for Final Destination (the song is in the game, it's an alternate BGM for Final Destination).

Top Bottom