• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Leffen Signs With Team SoloMid

The Derrit

Smash Lord
BRoomer
It's official - Leffen is now a sponsored player. While many have speculated a sponsor in his future for some time, Leffen has finally secured a sponsorship, with professional eSports team Team SoloMid. TSM, largely known for their League of Legends team, announced they were breaking into the world of Smash, tweeting out this message:

Leffen also confirmed the announcement on his personal Twitter page:

There was a problem fetching the tweet
Many had expected Leffen to grab a sponsorship in the near future with his exceptional play throughout 2014 and the beginning of 2015. Team SoloMid appears to be a squad that will fit his style and personality well - they, like Leffen, are no strangers to controversy. TSM has dealt with fines from Riot Games in the past, and team owner Andy "Reginald" Dinh, much like Leffen, is unafraid to make his opinion heard.

Are you excited about Leffen's new sponsor? Who might we see ascending to pro level next? Make your voice heard in the comments below!

The Derrit thinks congrats are in order for Leffen. Chat with him about sponsorships on Twitter at @TheDerrit.

anaglyphix

Smash Cadet
NNID
Glyph
3DS FC
3669-0309-2018
First! also, glad to see that leffen finally got sponsored, he deserves it.

ThatLunaticFeline

Smash Journeyman
Can't say I didn't see a sponsor coming soon for him, he's a talented player, but congrats to him nonetheless.

42nd

Smash Cadet
All I can say is evidence . zip ;P.. joking. I'm happy for him he definitely deserves it

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
They picked the ideal choice for starting up their Smash tenure.

Minato Arisato

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinyBachuru
3DS FC
1392-5292-2267
Team solo squid

Why do I think of League of Legends?

Last edited:

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
I'm going to see Leffen hate comments, aren't I?

*Looks at all the comments*

OK, so far, so good....

D

Deleted member

The murder of Chillindude must've looked great on his résumé.

Hi_C

Smash Rookie
Great to see that people are finally being able to make a living off of the thing that they love. Honestly Melee feels like it's never going to slow down which is great for the game as a whole.

J.P

Smash Journeyman
NNID
3DS FC
2466-2692-8715
As much as I dislike Leffen he defenetly deserved one.

Neighbor

Smash Cadet
So basically the most controversial team in League signs the most controversial player in Melee. Lmao thats hype

RedRengadeYo

Smash Rookie
It's nice to see that a player who hasn't been able to catch a break in a long while finally gets some type of positive recognition.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
The murder of Chillindude must've looked great on his résumé.
Chillindude? Who's this "Chillindude" you speak of?
But good for Leffen. It's about time the Ganondorf of the Smash community got a sponsor. He's one of the few things that makes it interesting. Every time I see Leffen though, I can't help but think of that time HungryBox mutilated him at Paragon.

Link24a

Smash Journeyman
The more LOL teams we get the more publicity we get, so good

Last edited:

Neighbor

Smash Cadet
@ Comboman77 Comboman77 not sure what happened with team curse and smash but they fused there team with Liquid so now Ken, KDJ, Hbox and Chillin and are all team Liquid

Code Bread

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1736-1424-9042
Every time I see Leffen though, I can't help but think of that time HungryBox mutilated him at Paragon.
I can't help but think of all the times he's been 4 stocked the past year. He definitely deserves it though. He's got incredible drive and his results are always getting better.

dimbenes

Smash Cadet
Chillindude? Who's this "Chillindude" you speak of?
But good for Leffen. It's about time the Ganondorf of the Smash community got a sponsor. He's one of the few things that makes it interesting. Every time I see Leffen though, I can't help but think of that time HungryBox mutilated him at Paragon.
Really? I don't think of that at all, seeing as, you know, Leffen and hungrybox didn't play each other at paragon....

Ganreizu

Smash Ace
Expected a sponsor, did not expect the sponsor who wasn't in the smash sponsor game at all before now.

Mashu Koria

Smash Apprentice
Hopefully getting him sponsored will start to decrease the trashtalk like it did with Mang0.

Top Bottom