• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ledgehop B moves?

Jujumasta

Smash Journeyman
I'm sorry if this was posted already, but is using a b move (over b, up b, etc.) after a ledgehop Wland logical? Any other good options besides jab, tilts, grabs? Thanks.

Frozenserpent

Smash Journeyman
Well, the most useful one would probably be side-b. Sometimes i mess up and do a side-b when i don't mean to and surprise myself.
You might as well grab instead of up-b from a waveland, and as for down-b.. it does have a good deal of lag.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Ledgehop down + B is pretty good without the waveland. A lot of people won't expect it and it gets you away from the ledge (which is something you want with Ganon).

Jujumasta

Smash Journeyman
I would think that a reverse up b is better than a grab if you Wland behind your opponent, better than turning around and trying to grab. ZoSo, are you talking about a ledgehop down b when your opponent is edgeguarding or recovering?

Gea

Smash Master
I would think that a reverse up b is better than a grab if you Wland behind your opponent, better than turning around and trying to grab. ZoSo, are you talking about a ledgehop down b when your opponent is edgeguarding or recovering?
He means hop onto the stage, then as soon as you land down B towards the middle of the stage.

bjdavis420

Smash Journeyman
Lol. Ledgehop Wland Warlock Punch.
Haha, definetly, then utilt, works everytime. The down-b would be a good way to put space btwn u and edge. Also a great way to change it up, and if ur opponent is fairly close, then even if they shield you should still go past them (still lots of lag, but atleast no shield grab)

ThatOneDudeski

Smash Ace
some of the things i do with the edge is.. the 'get up on edge --> wizards foot' this is without the wave land and can be effictive..another variation of this that i do is : 'edge wave dash--> reverse wizards foot'it can catch ur oppenent off gaurd..as well as knock him pretty far off the edge..if u hitz him right.. Some times i use ganon's raptor boost..but not so much on the edge..there are a lot more effective way to go..and thats one of his laggier moves..As far as ledge hop up-b's go..im sure they are situational..liiike: if u opponent is in the middle of final d..ur on the edge..u ledge wave dash and your opponent goes in with an aerial..then u perform the up-b..hopefully taking priority and u can start the beatdown from there..

ive found edge dashed smashes to be VERY useful..and not only powerful..but a good mindgame..if ur on the left edge of final d..and you edge dash a f'smash..(charging so its hits to the right) then ur opponet decides to roll to the right to compensate for your rising edge attack..or if hes expecting the ledge hop U'air..SO he rolls right into your smash..You can also use a variation of this by reversing the direction of your smash..against sheiks..i love to edge dash--> upsmash..it works..sooo well for me : P

Klowne

Smash Journeyman
You can use your side+B right before you land from a ledgehop. Ganondorf will do a weird jerking motion and his hand will turn purple for a split second. That's what i call INTIMIDATION.

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
Try ledge hop with B if your opponent is a total newb, and try to DI towards the stage while jumping.

Jujumasta

Smash Journeyman
I love doing a reverse ledgehop b with Falcon on recovering opponents, not sure if it works that well with Ganon.....

Top Bottom