• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ledgedashing problems

ChadWarden

Smash Rookie
Been trying to get ledgedashing down for the past few hours, I keep air dodging Ganon's shin into the ledge, and I just can't seem to get it down. Am I pressing R too soon and not getting the full jump? Is my timing for the jump off and I'm simply not getting high enough? The latter I find hard to believe, since often times I'll accidentally ledge jump, so while I'm not consistent by any means, I'm not consistently slow, and I haven't been able to ledgedash at all for the past few hours. Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Can you ledgehop successfully every time?

You cannot afford to drop hardly any frames between dropping from the ledge and jumping (and begin holding forward). Then very briefly pause while the dj rises and hit R.

You are either timing R incorrectly or you are dropping too many frames between dropping from the ledge and jumping. The jump has to be immediate.

Top Bottom