• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ledge Teching

DD151

Smash Journeyman
i think there would be only two circumstances in which you'll be able to edgetech anyway: you get hit right before you bounce off the edge when recovering from a horizontal angle, or you get hit as you begin hugging the edge on certain stages when recovering from below but you're not yet above the stage.

all of you know that ness's pkt2 doesn't hug the stage normally, unlike almost any other up b in the game. this means that he doesn't get as many opportunities to try to tech.

his options out of an edgetech without a double jump kind of suck too; they're probably slightly better than bowser's

Levitas

the moon
You'll almost always get close enough to the edge to tech if you aim for a sweetspot and they hit you from on the stage.

Edge teching is useful, and the reason DD151 says it isn't doesn't make a huge difference in the long run.

DD151

Smash Journeyman
i never stated that edge teching wasn't useful, nor did i state that you shouldn't try to edge tech.

but to edgetech, you'll have to be literally right next to the wall unless you smash DI like crazy. recovering from any location above the stage, ness will never be right next to the wall because he'll grab the edge as he goes past it. recovering from a horizontal angle, the only time ness makes contact with the wall is when he bounces off it and the green flash appears. recovering from underneath the stage, ness might hug the wall and go straight up, where he will be completely vulnerable with no edge to tech off of.

without saving your double jump, you're forced to immediately air dodge over the stage where you'll be vulnerable, or you have to attempt another pkt2, which is pretty easily edgeguarded against considering that you're not that far away from the stage.

i have successfully teched more times while fooling around with falcon/mario than while maining ness.

Levitas

the moon
lol, sorry. It seems I misquoted you. my bad.

SDI and ASDI are important if you want to be able to edgetech.

Top Bottom