• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ledge Teching

kenny10

Smash Journeyman
Is ledge teching really that important for Ness? I mean really. Any stage that's not Final Destination you pretty much end up killing yourself. Even on Final Destination your opponent would just edge hog you. Is there like some sort of way that you can edge tech that won't end in killing yourself?

kenny10

Smash Journeyman
I'm talking about a regular ledge tech. Not the ledgetech jump. Sometimes when I'm recovering, I can't get the walljump and I end up dieing anyways so I'm trying to find a way around it in case I can't get the walljump.

Levitas

the moon
hmm, that's a hard angle to recover from. For some reason, whenever I shoot myself straight up, I face right. If you're fast, maybe an airdodge straight up could get you on the stage.

Ademisk

Smash Champion
I never ledgetech, so I don't know what I'm talking about, but in my opinion you should DI and let yourself fall into a better angle to recover with PK Thunder from. All the random stage have high possibility of wall hugging recoveries, which are your best bet in that situation(though be careful in Yoshi's, too low and you die, too high and you overshoot and die)

kenny10

Smash Journeyman
And 7 and 8 and 9...

No but when I DI hoping to get a better angle, for some reason I always hit the wall at a dead angle and I end up killing myself. For example, Simna, on FoD, where would you hit yourself if you want to ride the wall.

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
anywhere(no, not underneath the stage)...u just gotta hit it at the right angle

i think i could fit recovery on other stages, range up and speed up moves, and platform sloping into one volume

cause i really wanted to make "Volume 4: The Guide to PK Fire by Simna ibn Sind" yeah volume 4 is a pk fire guide^_^ could the entire collection be a ness guide?^_^

Levitas

the moon
That would be awesome. The first two were what got me back into playing as Ness. He was my first main from ssbm back in my casual days, but when I got more serious I gave him up.

And then I returned to the glory that is Ness.

kenny10

Smash Journeyman
cause i really wanted to make "Volume 4: The Guide to PK Fire by Simna ibn Sind"
So we can learn all the properties and mind games of PK Fire.

No but what angle do you hit it at cause everything I've tried pushes me away from the stage. Don't you have another one of those pictures like the one from Volume 1 that shows the different angles?

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
just watch his videso and practice.

did toasty ever post his 1000'th post yet?
He posted it in yo momma!!! OOOooOOO.

But seriously... I've never ledgeteched with Ness... I don't really encounter opponents that stay on the stage when they edgeguard me... Usually edgehogging and "airguarding" and with Peach/ Jiggs I usually recover high so no help there either.... I don't even think I've encountered a situation where I should have ledge-teched...

GildedPunch

Smash Ace
ledge-tech chances come rarely for me.

i started to pick up yoshi yesterday.

I might think of getting really good with him if i keep it up. He's too fun!!!!111

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I can't touch Yoshi. He's so weird to play as for me... I'm working on my Fox right now, cuz everyone should know how to waveshine...

kenny10

Smash Journeyman
Too bad. Fox is my best character. When I play against Marth's I need to ledge tech cause the hit me with everything when I'm off the ledge.

GildedPunch

Smash Ace
You all should just drop all your other characters and play nothing but Ness.
Minsk, you seriuosly need to think about using different people.

I helps you play ness actually.

At least it helped ME a little.

Don't be a crazed ness fan. If you were, and you were an enemy in earthbound, your name would be "Crazed Minsk is attacking you !":chuckle:

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Minsk, you seriuosly need to think about using different people.

I helps you play ness actually.

At least it helped ME a little.

Don't be a crazed ness fan. If you were, and you were an enemy in earthbound, your name would be "Crazed Minsk is attacking you !":chuckle:
He would be the third strongest mole IMO.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
ANYWAYS, I have this problem too... should I try the vertical (up) Jibaku then? Or vertical down? ^_^

Or should I just hit them with PK Thunder...

Ademisk

Smash Champion
No, ledge teching is when you tech after someone hits you when you're right next to the ledge. For Ness, because of his second jump, he's kinda...vulnerable. FD is probably the only good situation this puts you in.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Or, if you want/can, you can save your midair jump. Then when you ledge tech, you immediately double jump (cancel?) back onto the stage, maybe with an airdodge.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Well, if there is lag on the attack you tech'd, it could in theory work. Like just do a slow DjC bair backwards, lol.

kenny10

Smash Journeyman
So ledge tech the first jump and come back with second jump?? Or ledge tech the second jump and come back with PKT? Or ledge tech PKT and come back with another PKT? But it only works on FD????

Top Bottom