• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ledge teching is hard!

alphabattack

Smash Apprentice
As soon as you hit it. You want to SDI into the wall 20 frames after you hit L, so unless your up b takes longer than 20 frames, hit it as soon as you hit up b.

alphabattack

Smash Apprentice
ok i got the timing down relatively well now, thank you very much, do you know how i might get the bair to go off after the ledge tech?
Use the C stick. I'm not quite sure on the timing, so I would try to find some frame data on teching with Marth, but after doing some work with it, I could get a fair out almost immediately after I ledge teched. It should work the same for a bair, so Basically as soon as you ledge tech, input C back and you should do a bair. Also, if you are ledge teching but you don't walljump, try to fix that. Otherwise, you're good.

alphabattack

Smash Apprentice
I googled ledge tech, and I have no idea how I found this, and since it's in gfycat, you can slow it down. Hopefully that helps!

EDIT: I went through the gif, and I guess this is how they did it. Hit L/R as soon as you hit B for Dolphin slash. Then when you near the edge, Quarter-Circle SDI from the Top of the stick, to the stage, then hit A. That seems like the best way.

Last edited:

Syrup on da sid

Smash Rookie
I googled ledge tech, and I have no idea how I found this, and since it's in gfycat, you can slow it down. Hopefully that helps!

EDIT: I went through the gif, and I guess this is how they did it. Hit L/R as soon as you hit B for Dolphin slash. Then when you near the edge, Quarter-Circle SDI from the Top of the stick, to the stage, then hit A. That seems like the best way.
What does quarter circle smash DI mean?

niffyjiffy

Smash Cadet
Basically it's rolling the analog 1/4 circle during the normal DI window. It might be easier to doublestick, though I suck at DI so I wouldn't know.

alphabattack

Smash Apprentice
I find that it's easier to Quarter-Circle DI because you only need to move a little bit to tech the ledge.

Kadano

Magical Express
I googled ledge tech, and I have no idea how I found this, and since it's in gfycat, you can slow it down.
If you would read the stickies, you’d know where that ,gif came from. ;)

Btw, since I made it, I discovered a better “optimal” walltech input, which consists of:
1. Pressing L/R AND X/Y when you are in the rising part of your up-B
2. Smashing the control stick towards the ledge (single SDI is sufficient if you wallhug, if you are far away from the stage, you need 2-3 SDI inputs and thus double quarter-circle SDI)
3. Pressing the C-stick towards the stage at the right time to get the earliest possible bair. Mashing works fine as well.

I am having a lot of trouble with ledge teching, how soon after the up B should i be pressing the shield button in order to ledge tech with marth?
As soon as you hit it. You want to SDI into the wall 20 frames after you hit L, so unless your up b takes longer than 20 frames, hit it as soon as you hit up b.
Not as soon as you get hit always. You still need to adjust for hitlag timing and other stuff. Falcon's UpB I believe lasts longer than 20 frames from the moment you are "grabbed" to the moment you would slam against a surface.

But overall, yeah, hit L a bit early, but not too early.

alphabattack

Smash Apprentice
Not as soon as you get hit always. You still need to adjust for hitlag timing and other stuff. Falcon's UpB I believe lasts longer than 20 frames from the moment you are "grabbed" to the moment you would slam against a surface.

But overall, yeah, hit L a bit early, but not too early.
He's a Marth player which is why i said as soon as.

If you would read the stickies, you’d know where that ,gif came from. ;)
I have read through most of your guide, and now I feel dumb for not recognizing it!

Top Bottom