• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ledge Stall and Reverse Needles

Angry Scot

Smash Rookie
I'd like to know how to perform the Infinite Ledge Stall and the Reverse Needles. I know the Ledge Stall offers you some breathing time to think about getting back on stage, and I know the Reverse Needles help with mindgames and turning around instantly to hang onto the ledge. I just don't know how to do either of them or what button combinations need to be done. Any explanations and tips on when to use them would be greatly appreciated!

yomedrath

Smash Apprentice
Infinite stall : hang on the ledge, press down or away, and perform an UpB. When your over the ledge press down until the explosion comes, and when you travel down, release the stick, and you`ll grab the ledge. if ypu hold the control stick to long, youll just fall down :)
to make it an infinite stall, you have to do several after another, and you gotta do them fast (i cant :( ) to try if you got it right, just go to the samus stage with lava(forgot the name^^), and if you can stay under it you´ve got it ^^

Reversed needles: jump, tap the control stick in the other way. Then press B right after. This works with all Neutral B attacks. To stall the needles in the air, you have to press R right after.
you can use this to edgehodge, or mindgame (e.g. run away, and throw reverse needles at you opponent or what do i know Oo figure out what you can do with it ^^)

just look for instructional vids on Youtube, you should find some
or check right here (in this forum^^)
i think there was one not too long ago, but i lost the link

Top Bottom