• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ledge Punishment

Organous

Smash Apprentice
Forgive me if someone else has discovered this (I've never been to a tournament), but I saw no mention of it in the complete AT compilation in the Tactics forum or this one. I was mucking around with DK and found a move that can actually be about as strong as the cargo throw into a stage edge. My opponent was grabbing the ledge of Final Destination after I failed to spike him to oblivion, so I tried to recover with Up+B and get the ledge from him. Thing was, I did more than that, I shoved him into the stage and he rocketed downward.
This seems to work only on the first hit of his spin, but I've been able to do it consistently in training against a 50% Bowser. I have not achieved the same results with Bowser's spin, since his pushes upward, and in fact I can't find any other character that has this this kind of maneuver. It's practically instant death for someone grabbing a ledge, though admittedly you have to already be going there, yourself, and it's got a wide enough range to be applicable.

Leprechaun_Drunk

Smash Journeyman
this is indeed old news. its just another way to stage spike, but it can only be done if your opponents invincibility frames have ran up and you hit them from the side rather than from below. From below you just knock them off the ledge, they wont get spiked.

Organous

Smash Apprentice
I figured it would be considering how easy and basic it is. I'm just surprised I didn't see it on any list, but the board would know how applicable it really is better than I would.

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
I think you may be referring to the initial frames of the up-b right? This also occurred in melee, when an opponent is directly on dk using the up-b will initiate knock back.

Omega Deman

Smash Apprentice
DK's initial upB's frames has considerable knockback. the latter frames will not cause a stage spike. However, if your opponent sees that your are trying to get close will off the stage, then you are liable to get spiked yourself.

Top Bottom