• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ledge Plucking

Zorai

Smash Journeyman
NNID
x_Zorai
Don't know if too many people know this, but here's how it goes:

You run off the ledge and press B, and you'll throw out a Pikmin and slide off the ledge at the same time. You can also grab the ledge immediately after doing it (<<< so next time you go for the ledge, you can pluck a Pikmin too).

Think of some mindgames you can do with it. If you're opponent's running at you near the ledge and is watching you carefully, they won't have a single clue as to what you're going to do next. I mean, a Pikmin just popped out of nowhere, and you slid off the ledge. Maybe you'll jump back on with an aerial? Maybe you'll ledge cancel and put on plankface?

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
People have known about this for quite a long time.
I'm not surprised you didn't know that because almost nobody seems to use it.

Noa.

Smash Master
There's no really good reason to use it anyway. Running of the ledge as Oli is bad.

There was this thing with it though that Dan told me a while ago. On BF right when the game starts, pluck two pikmin and ledge pluck the third one. It's faster.

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
I just drop down and pluck if I can. More important to be on the ground than to have 6 pikmin IMO.
But I'm not pro, so don't listen to my crazy rants.

Ledge plucking doesn't seem too bad when Japes camping, actually. Gotta try that out sometime.

IcyLight

Smash Lord
both what draconoa and sky said are correct.

it's called silent plucking i think now, but it's pretty much useless

RichBrown

Smash Master
The only thing it's good for is in crew battles when you're suiciding and you wanna see if anyone notices. Especially funny on BF when you're suiciding your second stock, because you can silent pluck on 3 ledges on the way down.

Top Bottom