• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ledge Options

Dr. Barrio

Smash Rookie
I just want a discussion with Doc's options from the ledge. Discuss which option is beneficial to which situation, let's share the information for the Doc nation.

trusty

Smash Apprentice
If you're edge guarding, away to bair is pretty classic. Generally I like to roll up into wavedash then WD Into shield or crouch depending on context

Hobs_

Smash Journeyman
I tend to ledgedash into a grab as long as it's not predictable, Docs WD length seems to catch people by surprise.

I've been considering ledgedash -> d-tilt for a surprise gimp but still working on it.

I've seen some people use uair get back on the stage, I don't use it personally but I'm not really sure why.

Of course fair from the ledge is just hail mary or for styling. Dair can be easily punished IMO.

trusty

Smash Apprentice
yeah ive tried experimenting with Dair from ledge but it hardly works. I tried dair -> space for bair or grab
One that actually works pretty well is double jump to dair or bair then wave land back to the edge. I also like popping straight up and doing an aerial pill into cape or bair

JRad

Smash Apprentice
I always ledgedash into something else. Every once in a while I will throw some pills first and regrab ledge or if he respects it then ill just come on stage with a pill.

Logz

Smash Cadet
I tend to ledgedash into a grab as long as it's not predictable, Docs WD length seems to catch people by surprise.

I've been considering ledgedash -> d-tilt for a surprise gimp but still working on it.

I've seen some people use uair get back on the stage, I don't use it personally but I'm not really sure why.

Of course fair from the ledge is just hail mary or for styling. Dair can be easily punished IMO.
The dtilt option is crazy hard to pull off, but it's so satisfying when you pull it off lol. It's basically a mini Samus dmash which is pretty cool.

ShadowKing

Smash Ace
NNID
TheShadowKing24
3DS FC
4785-7167-2769
Down air is a good one to a roll is a option or a dmash

Last edited:

Meticulous

Smash Rookie
Dr. Mario has many gimping options on the ledge. Dr. Mario can do the "Mango" AKA ledgejump reverse neutral b to gimp an opponent. If it hits you can follow up with a falling up air or preferably bair due to his lacking recovery. He also has cape to send his opponents the other way. You can also do a running jump off the ledge into a cape the other way, to turn you around. Once you turn around you can bair and do a double jump into up b to recover.

If you mean ledge options when your opponent is on stage and you want to get back on he has lots of other tricks to help him. You can ledge jump neutral b and land back on the ledge, but this requires very precise timing. If you can do it consistently it can be used similarly to Yoshi's egg camping. But if your opponent is near the ledge with you, you can ledge jump into falling up air on stage. He also has ledge jump bair and nair and fair but it is a bit risky. You can also wavedash onto the stage into a downsmash.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
ledge options:
  • ledgedash (prolly the best)
  • uair (delay the uair or you'll get baited and hit without your double jump. good vs sheik / characters that are tryna punish whatever you do by jumping over you)
  • pill regrab (sometimes unsafe if they're super close, but if you're sexy like @VGmasta you'll be able to pill while DIing away from the ledge and then still regrab it, which should keep you pretty safe from most things)
  • drop down reset invincibility (gives you time to think and not tournament winner)
  • upb! (hella risky but surprisingly good in a few situations (vs spacies that are fullhop / doublejump baiting you on the ledge)
  • dair waveland (something i used to do when i was like 13 that prolly never works)

Top Bottom