• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ledge option coverage with Timber

prismoid

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3823-9023-1447
One time I saw a game with ranai and he was able to use the tree to cover a plethora of ledge getup options with tree and uptilt. I can't find the link, but does anyone know some of the limitations of this?

Wonderf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wonderf
3DS FC
5172-2136-8763
Well some limitations I can think of is actually having this situation happen because with the amount of time the set-up takes and your opponent is probably trying to avoid the sapling/tree at all costs. I have to say, the tree is excellent for forcing your opponent to do something that would be advantage for you because it covers most ledge options.

D

Deleted member

Limitations, the opponent can stall in the ledge after the hitboxes on both moves finish, other than that...
So brilliant, it can be considered overpowered.

Well, maybe at least the first time it's performed on an opponent, because after one time, it is very easy to see it coming.

Enough blathering. In one match with Ranai. Ranai set up a sapling on the ledge and semi-watered it. This made the opponent's getup optioms very limited. If he/she did a normal getup, they will be punished by the tree.

Jump getup. Tree punish.

Attack getup. Tree punish.

Roll getup was punished by utilt. I believe Fsmash is a better option though.

Again, this is incredibly effective and after a few battles with the Springfield Smashers, it works like a miracle.
You can find the original post here, where we discuss about this topic.

Top Bottom