• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ledge jump up-air regrab ledge help

Stan Sasquatch

Smash Rookie
Looking for help in finding a way to do this consistently. While on edge: drop down- double jump- uair- regrab. It feels like it has potential to be a useful tool (Means you don't have to up B on stage) might be an invincible ledge stall with a hitbox? Just doing it 'as fast as possible' doesn't seem to work but I get it sometimes randomly.

Stan Sasquatch

Smash Rookie
Thanks man! I can do this pretty consistently now- are there any obvious applications of this... using it with double jump refresh invincbility?
Could be nice to cover edge and throw out a hitbox with out a risky up B if you miss (while edgeguarding)

XLAX_OVERDOSAGE

Smash Apprentice
It's pretty much the only aerial option out of your ledge double jump in terms of staying invincible and regrabbing ledge. Another good option is ledgehop > uair on stage. There are plenty of great ledge options for ganon, much underused.

X WaNtEd X

Smash Lord
If you time it right, not for very long. Don't have the exact frames, but it blinks yellow for just a split second when I'm doing it straight after refreshing invincibility.

But yeah op, this tech is insanely good. I also suggest you master doing it after immediately grabbing the ledge (harder than you might think) and do invincible stuff straight after. lh uair regrab to regular lh uair for example.

WoK_a^2

Smash Rookie
Hey is the window for regrabbing ledge tighter when you hit someone due to hit lag?

Practicing it earlier today and it felt like when I hit I wouldn't always regrab, it's definitely possible I just wasn't fast enough to get it out in time, but I was curious

Top Bottom